Melee (2) Ashenvale Forrest

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
This is a melee map I made some time ago. Just found out that I wanted to release it... Sooo... Then I will post soem unuseful information just to fill up this thread a little >:D

Ashenvale Forrest v1.0.1

Information:
A very simple melee map. Ashenvale tileset and 128x96 size.
The map is well ditailed with doodads and looks good ( I hope, and think :S).
100% Melee

Changelog
Move the start locations should be melee now, I hope :S.

jhts9f.jpg

mvkjkm.jpg

-iPeez

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
I downloaded it and had a look.

4/5 Terrain - Looks good but its a bit too random in some places.
4 1/2/5 Content - You missed it just a tiny bit, map is 99% balanced.

I give it a 4/5, its really good. The major mark misser is that it isn't classed as a meele because you put the starting points too close to the goldmine, meaning one team will collect gold quicker than the other which could be a unfair advantage.

Theres enough gold mines for the game i suppose, i would have added one in the middle but thats me, because i like it you get +rep from me.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Nice map. Too empty for me though. I give it 3/5. Nice looks but you can do somthing moore.Add a tavern, put custom creeps/items...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This is a melee map y'know...

Yeah, but it is not made for a tournament or somthing, it doesn't have to use 100% the warcraft engine. What I was trying to say is that he can make some skeleton warriors with bash or somthing and put them. Also he can make 1 shop with some warcraft itmems.(Let's say all of the orbs, or a few custom items?) Although the last thing might change the map type to alterned melee... anyway...The map is nice, I said that already.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, but it is not made for a tournament or somthing, it doesn't have to use 100% the warcraft engine. What I was trying to say is that he can make some skeleton warriors with bash or somthing and put them. Also he can make 1 shop with some warcraft itmems.(Let's say all of the orbs, or a few custom items?) Although the last thing might change the map type to alterned melee... anyway...The map is nice, I said that already.
All of those will make the map (Unofficially) Altered melee.

Without those suggestions, it's a Melee map. No question. WE says so. :p

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Meeh, never seen a skeleton in a forrest. Anyway I will not change anything.
Will add screens.

"Looks good but its a bit too random in some places."

What the F?

"It would help if you attached some screenshots. "

Ah sorry. Do you ever say something else :p?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
A good structure, but kinda boring. And there probably aren't creeps because it isn't done yet :p

I think this should be a (4) not a (2), though, with a base in each corner. Good 2v2 map.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Judging from the look of it, why are you using custom raise, lower terrain for a melee map.

If you have observed, most melee maps contain blizzard cliff and not much of custom raise, probaby because there is the

Lower have lower chance to hit High ground
Lower can't see high ground

The position of the fountains look a little weird.

Shouldn't gold mines be placed at top left part?, Looks neater, Terrain is good,

I also noticed that your netural buildings are really strange, I play melee game and you shouldn't "put" your neutral building so far away deep inside, for example your mercenary camp. But I think almost all of it should move out a little more. You should also try to make more paths for people to walk instead of pure main road.

Other then that, nothing more. no offense just my suggestion, you can take them if you want or just leave them be.

Good Job +REP

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To all the comments about no creeps...
There are creeps.. :nuts:

Judging from the look of it, why are you using custom raise, lower terrain for a melee map.

If you have observed, most melee maps contain blizzard cliff and not much of custom raise, probaby because there is the

Lower Raise looks much better if done properly.
And there really isn't a reason to use cliffs on this map anyway.

C

CyberYak

Actually Blizz maps use no ramp functions, all maps are done in deep water and then raised and plateaued which is the only way to make terrain look "real", Is to start from deep water and raise lower ground. If you don't believe me try to copy paste a map on a blank W.E.(world editor) page you'll clearly see a deep water edge around the section you copped, because the way the terrain the map ...even thought i feel this map could be much better done and ill get into that in my next post when i redo some portions where i feel need changing(expect that in about a week)...no one like flat plateaus, and i agree you need some cliffs/height variation in your map, even if it is cosmetic off the edges of the map so to speak. That being said i do think this map could be good with some work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.