(2004-2009)Battlestar Galactica

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted, granted it's "old." Here's a fan made trailer that gives the basic idea behind the show...

Run-down:
On a distant side of the galaxy man created the Cylons and the Cylons rebelled. After the First war the Cylons seemed to vanish, but they returned years later and destroyed the twelve colonies. Only 50,000 +/- survivors make up what's left of the race of man and they're looking for a planet called Earth.

I've only just finished Season 3 (of 4), and I must say this is one of the best SciFi shows to come about. You'll notice that the space fights are almost silent and there is no lasers or plasma, everything is ballistics.

The show is currently on Netflix Instant, if you plan on buying or renting from a local store there are two miniseries that came before the first episodes (first ep. titled 33).

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
They had a marathon of this on the BBC channels this weekend and I watched alot of it again. I saw alot of it when it first came out. I also had some DVDs of the series. Great Show! Much better than the original and at the time the original was the Stuff!

I think people from Babylon 5 were involved with show as well. I noticed alot of the same types of visuals.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Very good tv show! I've seen it all just few months ago, couldn't stop watching until last episode at which I almost cried.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
lol, it's very addictive, I didn't care too much for the characters at first, but they really grew on you. Starbuck more or less just seemed like a bitch, I loved watching her get hit around though. I think the only characters I've liked through out the entire series would be Admiral Adama and Helo. I'm probably gonna start the 4th season tonight, the end of the 3rd was such a mind fuck, haha.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Just found out who the final Cylon is, WTF! Would never have guessed that at all. Sucks that I'm closing in on the end, but I'm excited to see how it ends.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Just finished this amazing series! I highly suggest watching it, the ending is rather sad considering how well they developed the characters. Very well written, I want more!!

I just have one question....

Kara Thrace... Everything about her after her resurrection is a mystery. She was said to lead her people to their doom. She was supposedly dead, with evidence supporting this strongly. What do you think happened? My own theory behind it was that she was an "Angel" of sorts, like Caprica six and Gaius. But the more I think about this the more confusion I run into, after all, everyone was able to see her. So that leaves another theory, perhaps she was a half-cylon, or an unknown sixth survivor. She never really knew her father all that well and it's a possibility, but a very far stretch. The only other conclusion I can come to is that she was brought back by "God" to fulfill her mission.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
IMHO, this is one of the most awesome scenes of this series - I give you the Adam Maneuver

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.