US News 275-Pound Woman Says Hospital Told Her to Use Zoo MRI

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
When a 5-foot, 275-pound woman found out she had a tumor on her spine, she was told by her local hospital to go the zoo to have a MRI because a regular MRI machine could not hold her weight, myfoxkc.com reported.

Carolyn Ragan told the television station she discovered the tumor two years ago and, after the hospital told her she could not use their MRI machine, a medical assistant said he would help her find a solution.

“So he suggested the Kansas City Zoo,” Ragan said. “I thought, I know I’m big, but I’m not as big as an elephant. And my husband got mad.”

The University of Kansas Hospital would not comment on Ragan’s claim, but said its MRI department does not know of any animal MRI in the Kansas City area that would scan a human.

------------------------------
I can just picture this 275 lb lady right now, 5 foot tall complaining that they told her to use a zoo MRI - I mean she is not going to fit into a regular MRI - what does she want? The fact that she even commented on it is hilarious. ROFL!

Last edited:

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
they putted a sort like thing in 'scrubs'. It's just a fact if someone is too fat for the scan.. it's not even being rude, it's just true :p

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
“They should have machines that fit most everybody,” she said.

Um, they do. You're just not in the "most everybody" category.

Turnip

Reaction score
Obese people who can't fit in human MRI machines usually do have to go to a Zoo MRI. Why this whale thinks she is any different is beyond me.

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
If she is so mad, concerned maybe she should loose some weigh and stop bitching, just saying.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is really a thing BTW. One of my clients is a Chiro and they have to send people to the zoo once in a while.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.