3 questions - 3 answers?

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Alright, there are three things I've been wondering for so long, and now I hope you can help me get an answer on each of them.

1. That is probaby the easiest of them all. I don't know how to increase a Hero's base attack range using a skill (or trigger). (banghead :p)

2. I would like to know if a unit's accuracy can be increased to more than 100%, so that (e.g) a unit never misses on ramps (being a ranged one).

3. You know that if you change a unit's tinting colours, when having a slowed buff the unit's body colour is restored to default. How can I prevent that?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
1. The riflemans long rifles upgrade increases attack range. Its a passive skill but you could probably tweak it to make it a skill somehow.

2. No idea. Dont think you can though.

3. You could try to do it with a trigger, i think its hard coded though.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
1.) Use the skill that the riffle man have "Long Riffles"

2.) Uhm, you cant prevent misses, except if you edited the gameplay constants or added a 100% critical to the unit that never misses.

3.) You cant, except if you do some long long triggers.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
1. Upgrades. They cannot be undone; mind you. Or, you could morph the hero, using a morphing ability, into a unit which normally has longer range.

2. Critical Strike has some kind of flag, something like Never Miss. If you set the chance to critical to 100%, damage multiplier to 1, and this flag on, you got an ability which cannot miss, from evasion, and I think, even ramps.

3. Don't use a slowed buff? Use a different one, I guess.

Sir Gordon

Reaction score
Anarki you got #2 there, thanks. I'll try that. As for #3, let's stick to slow buff, okay? :)

*EDIT* Fhelzone, please be more specific of the "gameplay constants" issue...

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Well, with 3., it depends if you want your unit to have the blue tint when slowed.

If not, then my solution - not use a slow buff - is simple.

If so, then maybe make a trigger, that tints the unit once a buff expires?

EDIT: I just realized that there appears to be no Unit - Buff Expires (or something like that) event. Strange.

Sir Gordon

Reaction score
I know that and it's not really convenient, you know. However, in a big map, you can't redo the slow buff fully just for tinted units, oh, well...

I guess I'll either use a different buff or don't tint a unit at all.

#3 Negated.

Menelaus

Reaction score
I know that and it's not really convenient, you know. However, in a big map, you can't redo the slow buff fully just for tinted units, oh, well...

I guess I'll either use a different buff or don't tint a unit at all.

#3 Negated.

Cant you decrease movement speed with a trigger?

EDIT
yeah u can: Unit - Set (Unit) movement speed to <variable>
so you could do it manually i guess and create... it just depends on how many different percentages of decreasing that u want

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
ok I had an idea for the speed issue. Create your slow spell using berserk, set the dmg and attack dmg modifiers to zero and shift click and set the speed increase to a negative value. Also set the Order String Use to something like death coil, that can be shot at the enemy.

I havent got time to try it but it wouldnt take long to do and if it works thats all your problems solved :)

(I know this works as a sprint ability, and I know if you set the speed increase to a negative it slows the unit, I just havent tried making it castable on the enemy...)

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
#3 - Slow poison? Slow? Purge? Cripple? Acid Bomb?
It's frost effects and frost effects only that change colour, there are tons of other slows to choose from.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
#3 is simple for the most part. All you have to do is have a trigger that goes something like this.

A unit starts the effect of an ability
put in a small wait to make sure the unit has time to be affected
Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i think the triiger option is the best i had the same probleme with the phoenix i wanted to color him in blue to make somethink like a cold phoenix and whenever he change in egg the color also change and after again change back to normal are diferent i not sure but i think i suceed to solve the probleme by fixing all the color of all new unit because it a skill that use many diferent unit

all that to sayit like if the skill and a new unit(apear like a new colorisation)
so use trigger lol

sorry for long sentences it was just to maybe help in giving you other probleme that can be

good luck i'm making some map and i know sometime its hard a litle thing block you and you can't go any further

Sir Gordon

Reaction score
Guys, you don't get the point of my 3rd question, which i recalled because as it seems there is no solving. I'm not looking for a way to replace slow with another buff which doesn't tint the units, I'm looking how to negate tinting on THIS effect of slow.

=)

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
I'm looking how to negate tinting on THIS effect of slow.

And which buff/Effect are you using exactly?
Have you tried creating a new Buff/Effect and then setting the abilitie's buff/effect to the new one that doesn't tint the unit?
You don't have to change the properties of all the units, just the one spell that uses it.

Sir Gordon

Reaction score
Uh, maybe I'll rephrase the question:

How can you negate the changes on a unit's tinting colour under any circumstances inside the game?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.