Spellpack 4 Dota Spells

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
>>For some reason the spell doesn't slow. I tried adding the "Slowed" buff instead of Breath of Frost but it also didn't work.
Hmm, you just base off 2 skill by Breath of Fire and Breath of Frost.
Add BoFire to the dragon and BoFrost as a triggered spell.

Everytime the dragon cast BoFire, wait .2 second before casting BoFrost.
(Ofcourse, make 2 different buff for BoFire and BoFrost)

>>BoFrost as a triggered spell.

Yes, based off Carrion Swarm (which has no buff) with different projectile. The trigger should create a dummy unit which casts slow with modified buff (Slowed) at units nearby of the target (point or unit [including the target itself]). I can be wrong though :p

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Naminator, I'm telling that I fixed it to 300/400/500/600, because it was 300/600/900/1200 ! :)

Is there any difference between which breath will be casted first?

I follow by the code of the first page sry.. The code in the first post has a 300/600/900/1200 AoE.

Code:
Vacuum
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Vacuum 
    Actions
        Set V_TargetPos = (Target point of ability being cast)
        [B]Set V_Group = (Units within (300.00 x (Real((Level of Vacuum  for (Triggering unit))))) of V_TargetPos matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False)))[/B]
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in V_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to V_TargetPos
                Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (60.00 x (Real((Level of Vacuum  for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at V_TargetPos using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_V_TargetPos)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_V_Group)

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Fix the 1st post Vacuum trigger, please. It's kinda annoying see that and have another different in the map.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>Yes, based off Carrion Swarm (which has no buff) with different projectile. The trigger should create a dummy unit which casts slow with modified buff (Slowed) at units nearby of the target (point or unit [including the target itself]). I can be wrong though
Why make it so complicated. In DotA, there are actually 2 buff. 1 for BoFire and another for BoFrost.

@cr4zzz
Just base of those 2 spell by Breath of Fire and Breath of Frost. (Yes, there is Breath of Frost in the Object Editor)

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to post the edited code. I'll fix my first post asap. Anyway Jakiro's ability is based on Breath of Frost and the dummy ability is Breath of Fire. And Breath of Frost isn't slowing :/

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Well, the description says that it deals initial damage, damage over time and it slows (if I'm not mistaking). If there isn't any way to fix that with buff I'll edit the code.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
No, BoFrost doesn't slow. I just made a check at WE. It doesn't matter if you change the buff. BoFrost will never slow (unless you use triggers like mine :p).

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Erm, no. Dual Breath does not slow. I'm going to fix that asap.
Edit: Done. Also fixed a little mistake in Dream Coil. Ready for the DotA Spell Index :D

NetherHawk

Reaction score
cr4xzZz just a little suggestion, y dont u create dummy units at the poistion of the caster and ask them to drain mana( 0mp per sec) from the targets in Dream Coil, then you would get the coil effect.

ps: does the coil dummy die instantly when any of the unit exceed 600, or does it wait for the full 5 sec.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
But I have to move that dummy periodically and moving it will cause the drain to stop... Yep, the coil dies when a unit leaves 600 AoE. Play with Faerie Dragon and you'll see :p

NetherHawk

Reaction score
>>DC_TargetPos = (Target point of ability being cast)

Create the another dummy, like CoilEffectDUmmy, just to give the coil effect, not to stun or anything else. Anyway u are not moving the targets in your trigger, so the coil wont disappear.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
Dual Breath

Here i made dual breath in this map, it slows and damages. I dont know why BoFire has damage per second, it dosnt work at all.

My way of slowing and damage over time thingy is abit different as i check for buffs, in dota, they pick all units in the region affecting by BoFire and BoFrost, then they slow and damage those units in those regions. I have no idea how to pick units within those regions.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Create the another dummy, like CoilEffectDUmmy, just to give the coil effect, not to stun or anything else. Anyway u are not moving the targets in your trigger, so the coil wont disappear.

What do you mean? If a Hero leaves the AoE it gets stunned and the coil dummy disappears. The dummy also disappears after 5 secs if no Hero leaves. And this same dummy channeling faerie dragon does not cast the stun, another dummy does that.
EDIT: Nether post the code, 'cuz I'm too lazy to check the map ;P Wooho 300 posts.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
oh nvm, ill just explain, when u cast the spell, set a Region variable with height of ur distance for DualBreath and width the area effect. Pick all units within that region, then, create dummy units to frost nova( 0 dmg, just for the slow) and unholy frenzy (0% increase in AS ans MS, adjust the damage taken to 5/10/15/20) the picked units.

i mean lets say the 5seconds isnt up yet. The hero walk more than 600 units away in that time, the unit is stunned. But your dummy unit also dies at this point. Is this like in the game or an error in coding, or my bad judgement in 5 seconds worth of time >.>

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Why make it so difficult? I think it's easier my way. Anyway good job on ur Dual Breath :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.