Crime A bus driver who deliberately knocked a cyclist

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Also, a lot of cyclists in London cycle like idiots. It's probably not a majority, as I'm just less aware of the ones that are cautious and safe, but it's enough of them that it's a common annoyance.

Eh, would you say the same isn't true for drivers?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
As a legal driver, this means you have taken the safety courses that the state/country deems makes you a "safe driver" for whatever type of vehicle you are driving, big rig, bus, car, motorcycle, or even motorized-bicycle.

sadly, there is no safety course for riding a bike that is required to be a legal "driver" of a bicycle - when you are a driver (of a real vehicle), you are taught to always AVOID the blind spots of trucks/buses/etc. and to stay in your lane - cops can also issue tickets to cyclists for not riding in the bicycle lane, which they don't do enough of
when in doubt, the bigger machine ALWAYS has priority

Eh, would you say the same isn't true for drivers?

drivers are regulated a lot more then bicyclists, for example does a bicyclist get a ticket for not wearing a helmet or does a driver get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt? if both a car and a bike run a red light or a stop sign, which is more likely to get a ticket?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Eh, would you say the same isn't true for drivers?
Only on weekends. :p
On a serious note, Slapshot pretty much answered that. Also, drivers need a license in order to drive, which requires them to have knowledge of the highway code and the general rules of the road. Cyclists, on the other hand, don't.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Then why aren't they arrested for reckless driving when they crash into shit?
How do you know "No One has ever been arrested?"
And Seriously, how many times have you heard such a thing. "A cyclist who deliberately knocked a bus a car ?"
Well, sure some cyclist do stupid things. But what the bus driver did that's

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
How do you know "No One has ever been arrested?"
And Seriously, how many times have you heard such a thing. "A cyclist who deliberately knocked a bus a car ?"
Well, sure some cyclist do stupid things. But what the bus driver did that's

Because I've seen them crash into shit then ride off into the sunset (like my car? I may have bought a cheap car specifically for this reason, but still... a bike is a lot easier to stop than a car... also there was a bike lane which no one seems to use). They also have no license plate so I can't really call them in for a hit and run. So correction: ALL cyclists do stupid things because they appear to think that it's not their problem if the car they pull out in front of can't stop in five feet and they also have a tendency to get the hand signals wrong. And if you don't think like that you shouldn't be driving a vehicle because, unlike them, you will get arrested for reckless driving.

And I want to know why I can't ride my skateboard on the road if a bike is allowed to. I can't ride it on the sidewalk either. Nor can I ride a luge... which would be very interesting and I admit probably a bad idea but nevertheless it's still way better than a bike.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.