A couple of questions

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.
I have just started the Starcraft 2 Editor for the first time, and I have a ton of questions.

1. Whenever I duplicate a unit there's no model for it when I place it on the map. (I tried with a Marine and a Command Center so far.)

2. Is there a way to convert triggers to custom text?

3. I tried to create a Hero, by using the tutorial in the Tutorial Repository. It worked pretty well, except it only gains exp from it's own kills. I want it to gain exp from standing near a dying enemy unit as well. (Preferably less exp for assisting in a kill, than actually getting the kill.)

4. My Editor keeps popping up with "error messages" saying this and that couldn't load. -What's this all about?
(For example this: Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-ability-zerg-fungalgrowth.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found))

5. Why are there no Player Start Locations?

6. How can I revive units? -How can I save my hero's exp?

7. How can I change that silly 'Local Player' name, when testing my map?

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
Hi.
I have just started the Starcraft 2 Editor for the first time, and I have a ton of questions.

1. Whenever I duplicate a unit there's no model for it when I place it on the map. (I tried with a Marine and a Command Center so far.)
I think you need to make a model and/or actor that links to the unit.

Idk

3. I tried to create a Hero, by using the tutorial in the Tutorial Repository. It worked pretty well, except it only gains exp from it's own kills. I want it to gain exp from standing near a dying enemy unit as well. (Preferably less exp for assisting in a kill, than actually getting the kill.)
sharing exp... i may have seen a thread or tutorial or something somewhere on this subject.. im pretty sure i did.

4. My Editor keeps popping up with "error messages" saying this and that couldn't load. -What's this all about?
(For example this: Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-ability-zerg-fungalgrowth.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found))
You see the critter names in there alot.., their models or actors or something, wireframe? thats model isnt it? Some stuff isnt in the beta yet. I assume thats the reason

up on top of the editor under Map theres Player Properties

6. How can I revive units?
prolly thru a trigger

Yoshii

Reaction score
Hi.

6. How can I revive units? -How can I save my hero's exp?

7. How can I change that silly 'Local Player' name, when testing my map?

5: Player start location fall under "point" layer in your map editor
6: it can be done via trigger, there should be a tutorial on this site as I have personally seen one.as far as I know you cant give back the experience the hero had prior to death as the hero lose everything when hes revived(goes back to level 1). maybe someone found a way since then.I guess you could always spawn invisible unit and have them killed with a shared XP ability you could somehow make your revived hero go back to roughly the amount of XP he had..

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
8. How can I set a unit's hp via triggers?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
You have to recreate both models and actor, you cannot just link them.

Ctrl+U -> check the model and the actor boxes.
Ctrl+F11. Other than that, no.

Go to the "Point" Layer (Terrain editor). There are buttons to create start locations.
Use these together with what XXX said you will be able to set start locations for teams (like in some 2v2 maps, you want the allied players to be close to each other).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.