A few quetsions

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Hello all,
since a few months i'm triggering things for wc3 and since I can do that good enough to start harder maps I thought, I make my own custom races.

But there are a few question marks when I look at the list, for e.g. wth does range motion buffer means?

Ok so:

Q1: If I want a unit to have a minimum range which data do I adjust? like, if the enemy is within 100 yards of the, lets say rifleman, then I want him to either run away or not attack.

Q2: How does the AoE work exactly? And I still don't understand the damage factor with dices.

Q3: What does Show UI do?

Q4:In the Catagory Editor you can say various things. I never had to use them but can anyone say where catagorization (campaign/special) is used for?

Well that is it so far, the rest i'm familliar with ^^

Hope for responce soon ^^

Kind regards

Vaius

Reaction score
1: In the object editor, the second to last option for "combat" for a unit is Combat - Minimum Attack Range. Use this.

2: This is a basic equation for damage with die (might not be accurate): Damage = [Random Number between (Base Damage) and (Base Damage + [Number of Dice * Sides of Dice])] * Damage % against Armor Type.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
1: Combat - Minimum Attack Range

2: Ok, first the damage system work so that the minimum damage is (Number of Dice + Damage Base), and the maximum is (Number of Dice x Sides per Die + Damage base).
When it comes to AoE, there's some values. AoE full damage is the AoE where full damage is dealt. AoE medium is where ''Damage factor - medium'' damage of the full damage is dealt, and small where factor small is dealt. So if damage is 10, and the AoEs is 50 full, 100 medium, 200 small, and factors is 0.4 medium and 0.1 small you'd take 10 damage within 50 aoe, 4 damage within 100 and 1 damage within 200.

3: I think it hides/shows the little icon and text showing damage when selecting the unit.

4: This is simply for categorization in the editor, and has no ingame effect.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Ah alright, thanks allot ^^
Perhaps you hear soon of my creation x'D
Since I will only add two different mods and the main point in game isn't that hard but fun. matches won't take longer than 15-20 mins I suppose.

Anyway thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.