Report A murderer's donated organs would be declined out of fear the donor's essence may change personality

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I wouldn't want an organ from FireCat, I might end up like him. I choose death if it ever comes to that.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
LOL I would "never, ever" want to donate an organ to you.... NEVER! ^

Exactly, so if they still refuse it, they don't deserve another one. There are other equally desperate people.
Would be the same thing as.. If you refuse to accept god or whatever for the first time etc.. You don't deserve anything, later Right?!

Anyway, I know what you mean! But still, In this case.. there's nothing wrong, if they want to know about the donor. Hmm, If they refuse. they do deserve another one anyway. Well, I don't think they would throw away the organ in garbage. Just because they don't want it. eh?

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
LOL I would "never, ever" want to donate an organ to you.... NEVER! ^

Would be the same thing as.. If you refuse to accept god or whatever for the first time etc.. You don't deserve anything, later Right?!

Not the same thing. People aren't on a waiting list to accept God, and accepting Him doesn't determine whether they'll live or die. Poor analogy.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Not the same at all. It's not like you're going to die if you don't accept god - you're still going to die anyway, so it makes no difference.
But still, In this case.. there's nothing wrong, if they want to know about the donor.
No one's saying that there's a problem with that. But what you learn about the donor shouldn't affect your willingness to accept an organ from them.
Hmm, If they refuse. they do deserve another one anyway.
Ever heard the phrase "beggars can't be choosers"?
Well, I don't think they would throw away the organ in garbage. Just because they don't want it. eh?

No, they would give it to someone else who is equally deserving of it AND willing to accept it.

KMilz

Reaction score
Those responses would be infuriating if they weren't so confounding. Just leaves you feeling like a worse person after reading them.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Let them skeptical folk get phased out by their own stupidity. If a doctor clears an organ for a transplant, it's about as safe as it gets. No weird drugs or deficiencies in the organs to corrupt our body there.

Doctors are, in general, pretty fucking bad at their job. So that is a terrible argument. Besides that, organ transplants are so insanely complicated and almost never work for very long without intensive follow up treatments, and it's not unheard of for odd traits and habits to carry over after a transplant. It's a perfectly reasonable fear, though I think one that, when the alternative is dying, would be a suitable compromise.

KMilz

Reaction score
I don't think that doctors are any worse at their jobs than most people are at their own professions, it's just that we have far higher expectations of the people that are in charge of our well-being than we do the rest. They do a pretty good job usually but sometimes they fuck stuff up, just like most of us do on occasion. And for those of us that don't ever really mess up on the job, there are equally impressive doctors out there to match.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I never mess up my job. The job is so damn simple, that there is no real way to mess anything up at all... I do get paid very little money though...

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact that most of them aren't very good; whether or not other people have a tendency to be bad at their profession is irrelevant. What is relevant is that just because a doctor says to do something or take some kind of treatment doesn't necessarily mean that it is the ideal, or even an appropriate, route.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.