A sad day /:

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
My SC2 suddently crashed and I had to reinstall it, but sadly I forgot to backup my map, which I (yes I know it was stupid) had saved in my SC2 folder :(

So in other words, everything I've been working on the last 5 months are gone :(
Do any of you guys know if this can be restored in any way? (I tried to restore my system to yesterday, but that only affected the system (ofcourse)) :(

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
That sucks. Unfortunately it most likely means that your map is gone unless you backed it up in another location.

X-maul

Reaction score
Yeah, as stupid as it can get, I didnt :/ I actually thought I would've had the option to keep my patches and saved games on the computer while uninstalling, but it uninstalled in under 1 sec /:

X-maul

Reaction score
Well, a lot of the tinkering has been done with the map, so even though I will have to do it from scratch it will be going a lot faster than the first time.

but oh dear god. I finally had all my systems up and running :(

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I'm very sad to hear that. Maps will eventually get lost due to corruption or computer crashes and such. That's why I try to make sure I always have lots of backups.

In the future, you might want to enable the auto-backup feature in the editor. It can be found in the preferences. I have mine set up to backup at most once per hour. In a separate folder somewhere else.

I also keep my map in dropbox. Dropbox keeps automatic backups as well which they save on their servers.

Ostill on vacation)

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Try using programs that restore deleted files... I don't have experience but i saw a lot of articles about that in the internet.

X-maul

Reaction score
I'm very sad to hear that. Maps will eventually get lost due to corruption or computer crashes and such. That's why I try to make sure I always have lots of backups.

In the future, you might want to enable the auto-backup feature in the editor. It can be found in the preferences. I have mine set up to backup at most once per hour. In a separate folder somewhere else.

I also keep my map in dropbox. Dropbox keeps automatic backups as well which they save on their servers.

Ostill on vacation)
Yeah, have done that now - well there's nothing to do but to do it again from the start.
And yeah, I'm using dropbox aswell :)
Try using programs that restore deleted files... I don't have experience but i saw a lot of articles about that in the internet.
Yeah, as stupid as it can get, I restored my system to yesterday - so the system wont have the memory :(

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Those programs read directly the disk searching for "deleted" files, you can always try.

X-maul

Reaction score
It's not able to find anything /;
Well - I nearly got the terrain done again, but the systems and the data will take some time though.

Sucks it should happen now, just had gotten 40% done with the map and was nearly ready for a beta test-_-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.