Ability clashing with trigger

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I posted a topic about this last night but no one understood it, so here goes.

I have a basic revival trigger in my map and it works as it should work. However all the units in my map are seperated into types, 2 hero's for each type. Each type has it's own uniqu skill, AAE My elitist's gains 30% intrest on there income, my hellion's damage creeps in an area around them.

Now to get to the point, my mage classes uniqu skill is reincarnation, I used the orc reincarnation ability and created the ability for my mage class, the ability works fine, the hero dies then the ability revives him like it is supose to, but here is the problim, if the unit dies while the ability is in cooldown the normal revival trigger runs (as it should run). When the timer hits 0 it shows the text message saying the hero was revived, it pans the camara to the revival spot, but it doesn't revive the hero. So why is the ability interfering with the trigger?

Dameon

Reaction score
The trigger has changed from last night

Code:
Hero Revive Timer
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        -------- Revival Timer --------
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 's Hero Has Fallen!)
                Countdown Timer - Start Main_Timer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in Real_Timers[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] seconds
                Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Main_Timer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] with title ((Name of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 's Hero Revival In )
                Set Main_TW[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created timer window)
            Else - Actions

Code:
Hero Revive
    Events
        Time - Main_Timer[1] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[2] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[3] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[4] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[5] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[6] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[7] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[8] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[9] expires
        Time - Main_Timer[10] expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer Main_Interger[0]) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Initial time for Main_Timer[Main_Interger[0]]) Equal to Real_Timers[Main_Interger[0]]
                    Then - Actions
                        Countdown Timer - Destroy Main_TW[Main_Interger[0]]
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Player(Main_Interger[0]))) + 's Hero Has Been Revived!)
                        For each (Integer Main_Interger[1]) from 1 to 2, do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        ((Player(Main_Interger[0])) is in Team[Main_Interger[1]]) Equal to True
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Set Real_Lifes[Main_Interger[1]] = (Real_Lifes[Main_Interger[1]] - 1.00)
                                        Hero - Instantly revive Unit_PH[(Player number of (Player(Main_Interger[0])))] at Point_Field[Main_Interger[1]], Hide revival graphics
                                        Camera - Pan camera for (Player(Main_Interger[0])) to Point_Field[Main_Interger[1]] over 2.00 seconds
                                    Else - Actions
                    Else - Actions

tennycat13

Reaction score
I'm afraid that I can't not find the answer to your question. However, you could avoid this by triggering the reincarnation instead of using the skill.

Dameon

Reaction score
Yeah that is my fall back plan to this if no one has an answer :shades:

Only thing is I will need to make a timer array for the ability and have timers running in the back ground to simulate the cooldown effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.