Ability Help: Energy Tap

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I want to create a spell that drains up to 50 energy from a target enemy unit, and for each energy drained deal 2 damage. So if the target only have 30 energy it will deal 60 damage.

Also, I would like to make it deal a minimum of 20 damage (if the target only have 2 energy, it drain the energy and deal 20 damage (instead of the 4 damage based on the drain))

All the energy drained should be transfered to the caster.

How is this done? (This is basically to learn how it's done, I do not actually need this ability right away)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Take a look at the Feedback ability. It basically does the same thing. It uses a damage effect to deal the damage (Effect: Vital Fraction Current + property to deal damage based on current vital).

As far as making a minimum damage of 20, look at using a Switch effect to either deal 20 damage and drain all of the units energy or deal damage based on the amount of energy.

X-maul

Reaction score
Take a look at the Feedback ability. It basically does the same thing. It uses a damage effect to deal the damage (Effect: Vital Fraction Current + property to deal damage based on current vital).

As far as making a minimum damage of 20, look at using a Switch effect to either deal 20 damage and drain all of the units energy or deal damage based on the amount of energy.
Thank you :) I'll do that - Not playing Sc2 melee games can turn out to be a handicap :rolleyes:

Dave312

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I don't play melee games but I did remember this ability from the Campaign. However when it comes to Zerg abilities, I wouldn't have a clue since you didn't get to use them in the Campaign.

X-maul

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I don't play melee games but I did remember this ability from the Campaign. However when it comes to Zerg abilities, I wouldn't have a clue since you didn't get to use them in the Campaign.
Hah, I feel you man ;)

X-maul

Reaction score
The feedback ability deals damage with the damage effect compared to the amount of vital (energy). After it have dealt the damage it drains all remaining energy.

Dave312

Reaction score
Was that supposed to be a question? Or were you just stating it?

X-maul

Reaction score
Was that supposed to be a question? Or were you just stating it?
It was meant as a statement. I think I'll have to combine data and triggers for creating my spells in my map. So I guess it wont be that big of a deal if I made this with triggers instead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.