Ability help, modifying a behavior.

Scotty

Reaction score
I'm still very new to the SC2 editor and am ever so slowly getting used to the data editor. I'm trying to create an ability that works much like the Queen Inject Larva except I want it to increase the rate of Larva production as well as the larva maximum of said hatchery.

Queen Casts ability on Hatchery -> Modify Info Array of Hatchery-Spawn Larva Behavior so that Spawn Delay is 10 -AND- Modify the Hatchery-Spawn Larva Requirement Constant to 12 for the duration of 40 seconds.

for how it should work in game; A hatchery on its will spawn a single larva every 15 seconds and can support up to 3 larva spawned in this manner, what this ability will do is make a hatchery, for the next 40 seconds, spawn larva at a rate of 1 every 10 seconds and able to support up to 12 larva spawned in this manner.

I have the ability but am simply stuck at getting behavior(s) that change the above 2 things, no idea how to do this.

cheers for the help.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There is a modification property on a buff behaviour which will allow you to increase the rate at which larva are spawned. I assume you have already created a buff that is added to the hatchery when the ability is cast. Go to this buff and open up the Behaviour: Modification + property. Go to the Behaviour tab and scroll down to Rate Multiplier Array. Select the Spawn value and change it to 0.67 (15s x 0.67 = 10s).

To make the ability on last 40 seconds, select the Stats: Duration property on your buff and set it to 40.

Now you just need to increase the maximum number of units that can be spawned. This is controlled by a requirement so go to the Requirements data type and find the requirement Hatchery Span Larva, and open up the Requirement + property. Now currently what this requirement says is that there must be less than 3 larva in order for to span more larva. You need to modify that such that if the hatchery has your buff, then it can spawn up to 12. Select the Less Than requirement node and change the Type to Or. Now select the Count Unit Larva Completed at Unit requirement node and change the Type to Less Than. Now select the Constant 3 requirement node and change it to And. Now select the Less Than requirement node and create a new requirement node (Right-Click > Add Requirement Node). Set the Type to Count Unit, Alias to Larva and State to Completed at Unit. Now create another requirement node under the Less Than requirement node and set the Type to Constant and Value to 3. Now select the And requirement node and create a new requirement node underneath it. Set the Type to Count Behaviour, Alias to your buff and State to Completed at Unit. Now create another requirement node under the And and set the Type to Less Than. Now create another requirement under this Less Than and set the Type to Count Unit, Alias to Larva and State to Completed at Unit. Now create another requirement node under the Less Than requirement node and set the Type to Constant and Value to 12. If you have done this correctly then it should look like this:

Code:
[b]Use[/b]
[b]Show[/b]
   Or
      Less Than
         Count Unit Larva Completed at Unit
         Constant 3
      And
         Count Behaviour <YOUR_BUFF> Completed at Unit
         Less Than
            Count Unit Larva Completed at Unit
            Constant 12

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.