Ability Help (world editor)

tytanic

Reaction score
I have a stun that stuns for 2.5 seconds but would like to add a slow at the end of it. However there is no already made ability that does this can some one help me with trigger abilitys. Thanks

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Welcome to the Helper!!!!

Here is what you are looking for:

Trigger:
  • Mass Unholy Frenzy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your ability
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow(Picked unit)

What you will need to do for this:

1. Create your base ability
2. Create one unit called 'Dummy' and give it the locust ability. Set its model file path to '.mdl' and give it no shadow.
3. Create a spell based of slow. Remove the cooldown, mana cost and tech tree requirements. Give this spell to your dummy unit.
4. Create the trigger above^^

If you don't understand something, I'll tell you about them when you ask

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
*You can have 2 versions of this ability, the first one stuns and slows at the same time, but the slow has a longer duration. The second stuns and then slows after the stun is done.

Just make an ability "Stun" that stuns,
and "Slow" that slows, base it from human sorceress or shadow strike or cripple or whatever you want, make sure it has 0 manacost, no requirements, and a great casting range.

Set the stun duration to 2.50
Set the slow duration to whatever you like,
Set the slow casting time to about 2.50 (if you want it to slow the enemy after the stun is gone)

make a dummy caster based from Undead Locust
add the "slow" ability to the locust.

add some variables:
"Point" type: point
then add this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Stun
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy on point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (last created unit) to (your base ability) (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

Actually, if you want to learn more about triggers, you can add more 'various' features to your skills, but I'll give you this for the time.

Well, not really different from the above. :rolleyes:

tytanic

Reaction score
joccaren i understand most of it but the ake model file .mdl that doesnt make much sense could you please explain

Joccaren

Reaction score
also curiously how do you make a channeling ability (death and decay) non chanelling?

Make a trigger that when a dummy spell is cast, get a dummy unit to cast the real spell at the location the dummy spell was cast at.

joccaren i understand most of it but the ake model file .mdl that doesnt make much sense could you please explain

At the bottom of the model file selection window, there is a line of text. Replace that with .mdl

X.Terror.X

Reaction score

also curiously how do you make a channeling ability (death and decay) non chanelling?

its very simple what this does the .mdl makes no model and u dont see the unit at all thats the point thats why u have to turn off colision size to he forget to say

mainly point of dummy is some other unit that cast your ability
so the same of death and decay u create unit with the ability and let him cast the ability
so if a ability is casted you create dummy that spells it for you
if you want a ability that has not effect take channel its specialy created for this you just have to put in the correct information so it will work

like removing all effects and buffs
mvoe trought time = 0 art duration = 0 and you find yourselve soemthign like target type[data] you should do point
target is more how the ability is casted [ no target] [area of effect] [unit target]
rest u have to change data-options to visible
and turn off disable other abilities

then you got a basic ability with no effect and point cast

tytanic

Reaction score
how do you make poison spears kill somebody, i have it set as a DoT but when they get to around 2 health it leaves them at 2 health altough the DoT hasnt run out??

Joccaren

Reaction score
Use a different ability? If not, it may be in gameplay constants

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.