Ability help

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
hi guys, i need some help right here...
I want to make a passive ability that gives a certain amount of MANA by enemy killed...
I have no idea what Standard Ability to use, and i need the triggers.
(Maybe this is a bad english, cuz english isnt my main language, so thanks.)

ultimate11

Reaction score
there is an item ability that add mana and life
I supposed that u want to increase max mana of killing unit by x for exemple per kill.
In order to do this u need plenty of mana ability (item) to add to your unit.
Short ex:
where Ab[1]/[2] is a variable and 20/40 mana is the item ability that add mana
Ab[1] = 20 mana
Ab[2] = 40 mana
Event
A unit dies
Conditions
Level of ability (mana increase) for killing unit >= 1
Actions
set count_lvl = count_lvl+1
Unit add to killing unit Ab[count_lvl]
Sience the ability that add mana/life cant be reached on lvl or dont works propelly onlyy at lvl 1 you cant make a system to make it more reliable.And as I know so far there is no function to increase max mana or max hp to a unit.
Cheers.

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
I want just recover a certain amount of mana. I dont want to increase max mana per kill, on a passive skill.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Choose any passive and set its values so 0, so like movespeed aura with 0% increase and such

Event:
A unit dies

Conditions:
Killing unit = your hero
Killing has your mana passive spell

Actions:
Set current mana of Killing unit to : current mana + (20 x level of passive ability)
---------
So if your hero had this ability at level 4 or whatever then it would add
20x4 = 80 mana back after every kill he makes.

I don't have an editor with me, so you'll have to try finding those triggers, if you can't
let us know, someone will have the correct names for them

And don't worry your English understandable:p

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
'Killing unit = your hero' I'll need to place my hero on the map for set him on that condition?

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
well it will be of your hero type OR any killing unit with the passive ability

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
well, i got it.
but i have a problem...

I make 2 triggers:

- Events:
Unit - A Unit Learns a skill
- Conditions:
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to "Mana Skill Name"
- Actions:
Trigger - Turn on "Trigger 2"

- Events:
Unit - A Unit Dies
- Conditions:
(Unit-Type of (Killing unit)) Equal to "My Hero Name"
- Actions:
Unit - Set mana of (Killing unit) to ((Pecentage mana of (Killing unit)) + 20%

Its working for auto-attack, but when I kill many units with another skill I do not get the mana bonus.
I need some help.

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
The mana recovery does not work with a skill that has damage with trigger. I did and it worked with normal skills. When the damage of the skill is given by a trigger is as if the death of the unit were not accounted for my hero.

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
If you are planning to do this MUI, you are doing it wrong, because as soon as <Hero> learns the skill any hero of that type will benefit from the passive ability.
If you are not planning to do it MUI, then just save <Hero> in a variable and in the second trigger check
varHero equal to Killing unit.
(...)

You might be doing something wrong. Because "Damage target" just tracks the killer and rewards him correctly, also if any trigger are associated to it, it will work.
So maybe you are using the wrong Dmg dealer.

I tested it myself. Killed a unit via "damage target"
and associated any kind of triggers (create unit, display text, set mana, set hp etc.)
And everything worked. So it might be a problem in your "damage target" triggers, you might be using the wrong dmg dealer.

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
Im using AOE damage.
In my map I want to use just 1 hero for every player, and can't repeat heroes for other players, its like DotA picks. I just dont know another condition to use.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
- Events:
Unit - A Unit Dies
- Conditions:
(Killing unit) has ENDURANCEAURABUFF buff Equal to True <--- This is a Boolean Comparison
- Actions:
Unit - Set mana of (Killing unit) to ((Mana of (Killing unit)) + 0.2 x (Mana of (Killing unit)))

Something like the above. Only one trigger needed. If you want different mana increment for different levels, just use different buffs for different level. Then create separate trigger for each buff to detect level (this is the tedious way, buy easier for you understand I guess).

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
@ ^
He can do it with different levels in one trigger.
Using just one buff.
Unit dies.

Unit has buff <buff> equal to true

Actions
Set mana for Killing unit to mana of killing unit * (0.2*(level of <mana spell> / 2 for killing unit)) * mana of (killing unit)

If done this way it will give 0.1x, 0.2x, 0.3x etc.

===
Either way. If you are using "damage target" or "damage area" every trigger will work. The triggers will find the "killing unit" You might be doing something wrong.

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I know how to make the Actions (% per lvl and another things), my problem was only the condition, and winch standard skill to use.
So thank you all.

Juno**

Reaction score
you can just use any passive skill then change all of it's data to zero, you can even remove the buff then you can have the condition Level of (Your Ability) for (Killing Unit) is greater than zero... or if you are using an AoE passive with buff, modify auras like thorns aura, devotion aura, etc.. then use the condition mentioned by Juggernaut.. Unit has buff <buff> equal to true...

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> He can do it with different levels in one trigger.
Buffs do not allow you to check the level of the ability. You would need several different types of buff to be able to check the level differences.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I remember something about buff levels being detectable the same way as ability levels. Something to do with changing the rawcode in the trigger.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Isn't that using different buff for different level of ability? If that's the case, it's indeed do-able even with GUI. Then again, to prevent further confusion, you can use however way you'd prefer to do your triggering. It doesn't matter how you do it, so long as it works.

TheAkiraxD

Reaction score
wait wait wait...
I'm using just one buff, like that:

0tahwa6xafst1x12efen.png

the % of mana will be the same anyways?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Since the % is based on the level of the ability, the buff doesn't matter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.