Ability hotkey question

Nina

Reaction score
Hello,

In my map I want to make a movement system with WASD buttons to achieve this I thaught about making abilities with the respective hotkeys however I want them to have spells too and not clump up the ability room. I tried removing the icon from a spell but the tooltip and a green square still shows up.
My question: Is it possible to make a hotkey of a spell work even though its not visible in the thingy you know what:p Thanks in advance.

-Nina

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Hello,

In my map I want to make a movement system with WASD buttons to achieve this I thaught about making abilities with the respective hotkeys however I want them to have spells too and not clump up the ability room. I tried removing the icon from a spell but the tooltip and a green square still shows up.
My question: Is it possible to make a hotkey of a spell work even though its not visible in the thingy you know what:p Thanks in advance.

-Nina

As far as i know its impossible. You can only make a movement system with arrow keys.

Nina

Reaction score
I thaught about triggering with
Event -unit starts the effect of an ability
condition - ability being cast equal to move forward
action - Issue MyUnit to Move To (position of MyUnit offset towards 100 at facing of MyUnit degrees

or something but it won't be possible if I can't find a way to make abilities invisible:(

-Nina

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
I thaught about triggering with
Event -unit starts the effect of an ability
condition - ability being cast equal to move forward
action - Issue MyUnit to Move To (position of MyUnit offset towards 100 at facing of MyUnit degrees

or something but it won't be possible if I can't find a way to make abilities invisible:(

-Nina

Yeah that can work, but what i meant is it's impossible if you still want to have normal skills.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Maybe if you base your movement button spells on channel, and don't turn on the visible checkbox under "data - options". However, I don't know if the ability will still respond to hotkeys. It's worth giving a try though.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
can't he just use a spellbook ? i'm not that good with them =)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
If you can't see it, you can't use it.

hm...how about maiking it only by triggers.Just an idea but if there is a "player presses a button option"

AceHart, do you think that it is possible to make an invisible spell book containing the moovment spells?Or an item givving these spells?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> invisible spell book

> an item givving these spells?

Items don't respond to the hotkeys of the abilities they have...

> if there is a "player presses a button option"

There is: arrow keys (left, right, ...) and escape (skip a cinematic).
That's about it.
Any other key needs to be an ability hotkey. With an actually visible button!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
> invisible spell book

> an item givving these spells?

Items don't respond to the hotkeys of the abilities they have...

> if there is a "player presses a button option"

There is: arrow keys (left, right, ...) and escape (skip a cinematic).
That's about it.
Any other key needs to be an ability hotkey. With an actually visible button!

Well Ace, is it possible to change the action of the arrow keys?(sry not to be searching myself but i am too tired to do anything moore then write a few sentences)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
It is possible indeed to walk with wasd. But of course you need an extra program called Reinvent the Craft to make it work. Take a look at this video, and then at "More info". Go down and you will find some links, one is for the map and one for the program itself etc.

Link

Nina

Reaction score
mm I've heard about RtC but I heard you need to download lots of progs and its only singleplayer and not playable on bnet and I wish to make a map for more then 1 player. So I guess I'll have to use the arrow keys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.