Ability ideas.

N

Nothingface

Hello everyone, I started a project on a multiplayer game based on a WW2 setting.

So far I have 4 heros/Classes selected to be in use for people to select. I need some help coming up with WW2esq abilities for them.

These are:

1. Infantry- The person who is the meat of the army, nothing very special about him. He does the job assigned within his means.
Abilities I have so far for this Hero:
1. Bond Of Brothers. Based off Spirit link. Shares damage between units.
2. Critical aim - Critical strike.
3. Blank
4. Blank
5. Ultimate - Blank

2. Medic - The person who heals and supports the other classes. Vital for the survival of units and to keep in good condition.
1. Heal - A common heal ability that heals the unit over time.
2. Revive - Revives one fallen solider from death.
3. Morphine - Heals for a minor amount and removes most negative buffs.
4. Blank
5. Ultimate - Blank

3. Engineer - The person who has to do with creating defensive structures for the squad. Also, the person who can repair and do the most damage to vehicles. He is also equipped with a radio to call in support with.
1. Barricade - Creates a defensive barricade that can block that path of oncoming soilders.
2. Anti-Infantry Mine - Mine laid that kills any units with the AOE.
3. Ground Support - Brings in 3 NPC units that kill anything in targeted area for a set amount of time.
4. Blank
5. Ultimate - Steal vehicle -I was thinking of using the charm spell that can only be used on a vehicle as if the engineer was Stealing the vehicle. Any ideas on how to go about that ability?

4. Sniper - The designated marksman of the squad. 1 hit kills and longest sight range of any unit in the squad. Can do well alone, but if swarmed by enemies needs backup quick.
1.Critical Aim - Critical Strike, plain and simple ;)
2. Blank
3. Blank
4. Blank
5. Ultimate - Call in airstrike.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated. I was also thinking of another Class/Hero to add but have been drawing blanks. If you have any ideas for such a class, just lemme know. Thanks for reading.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Infantry
3. Combat Training - Increases attack damage and movement speed.
4. Adrenaline - The Infantry pumps himself with adrenaline increasing attack speed tremendously and make him unable to lose hp for a short period of time.

chopperpope

Reaction score
(I'm working in a map like yours)

I have (infantary, ranged, mounterd, paramedic, anti-mage, and lots of other soldiers!)

If ur a good editor we can work in group to finish my map!

N

Nothingface

Not bad ideas, I think I like the idea of "combat training" more than adrenaline, but I might just mess around with both and see if I like adrenaline. Who knows! Ty for the help.

131ackout

Sniper

Marksmanship

Improves the sniper's attacks. Gives 3 agility at each levels.

Just base this on Attribute Bonus. :thup:

EDIT: Welcome to TheHelper! :)

N

Nothingface

Hmmm actually great idea! Thanks for the welcome.

Oh, and btw Plus rep to both people who helped me with ideas <3 :p

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Healthpack: Medic
Description: Sometimes, even Medic's need to recover.
Effect: Heals 150 HP over 10 seconds.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Sniper

Wild Shot
the sniper drow he's handgun shoting at anything in front of him dealing massive pircing damage.
(shoting 20 shots out in front of him (something like 20 degrees in difference) dealing damage to all enemy's getting hit)

Razed

Reaction score
Sniper

Accurate Shots (or perhaps some other name you like)
Allows the Sniper to zoom in upon the target, hitting his vitale organs. Damage dealt by the next 3 shots are increased to 200% weapon damage.

---
I guess you need to trigger this some way, I'm not good at it. I'm just here to give some suggestions for skills :cool:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Infantry
Patriotic Aura - passive aura that increases move and attack speed in an area of 500. Based on: Endurance Aura

Fragmentation Grenade - throws a frag 'nade at a target point, exploding 2 seconds later, dealing massive damage to enemies in the area. Based on: Flamestrike; for a cooler one, you could base it off of any point-target ability, and have it create a dummy unit that looks like a grenade (find any ball model you want) at the "Event Response - Target Point of Ability Being Cast" (variable for that, type = point), and make it have the Goblin dude's Suicide. And 2 seconds later, you order it to use the ability.

Engineer
Mechanical Repair - passive aura that heals nearby mechanical units every second. Based on: Well of Healing thing skill, make it target that type of unit

Medic
Adreneline Pill - feeds an adreneline pill to an ally or self, increasing move and attackspeed, but taking more damage from the recklessness. Based on: Berserk

Sniper
APR Shot - fires a deadly armor-piercing shot at a target, dealing massive damage to the target and slight AoE damage. Based on: Frost Nova with a really long range, a casting time, and I suggest a 25 AoE with 25% damage of target damage.

Rifle Modifications - [passive] modifies the rifle with a silencer and scope, increasing attackspeed and range. Based on: for the AS, any AS boosting aura with only a 10 AoE, and triggered to give a range boost (like the Rifleman Range upgrade).

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Infantry:
Flashbang - Some sort of flash grenade that will stun the units hit by it.

Ultimate - Sacrifice - The soldier sacrifices himself for his brothers, running recklessly into the oncoming enemies, killing many but dying himself (suicide bomber)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.