Ability too strong?

meehael

Reaction score
Hi all,

In 1 on 1 combat between two heroes, paladin and any other melee hero, I think paladin owns. He has healing, divine shield and nice armor. At lvl 10, he would have around 1000 HP and 500 MP. My question is, can I do anything when he casts Divine Shield? Can I dispell it somehow? It lasts for 45 seconds, and when it wears out he can cast it again in 20 seconds, and then heal himself, if necessary. Its impossible to kill him fast enough. Any thoughts?
Divine Shield costs 25 MP, heal 65 MP. And if he has some mana regenration items or potions.... :confused:

Thanks,
Regards!

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Should be iin warcraft 3 talk section but anyway ...

I am 1 aswell that think's the paladin is abit rigged , kinda imba , if h has some mana regen or health .

TechGeek001

Reaction score
I disagree. MK versus paladin, both level 10, MK would own on account that Paladin would be constantly be stunned and/or ineffective versus Avatar.
Versus Blademaster, Wind Walk, Mirror Image and crits would kill, given the general hit and run strat used by orcs.
Undead heroes would have a hard time of it, but I think Crypt Lord is the best candidate for an effective defeat. Nelf - we all know how imbalanced Demon Hunter is.
All in all, I think Paladin is too generic in his spells to be effective. In a 1 on 1 there are much more specialized heroes than the Paladin. With Holy Light, Dev Aura and Resurrection he strikes me as a support melee hero that needs constant troop support to make his abilities effective.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I despise Divine shield. If you can afford to change any of his skills, I'd remove Divine shield and replace it with Silence (you can adjust what heroes can do with Silence, ie. make them unable to attack, etc.). Call it Penitence, and call it a day ;)

Also, Paladin can't heal itself... can it?

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Paladin can heal himself i think ?

Someone correct me if im wrong .

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
No he can't. Holy light can not be casted on yourself unless you edit it in object editor.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the paladin is kinda useless if he hasnt got at least 6 units around him. his aura gives 3,5 armor bonus, not that much. its about 15% damage reduction, now lets see a footman got 14 damage, 15% of 14 is ....... not very much.
holy light, yeah very usefull to heal allies, against 1 vs 1 battle... cr*p?
divine shield. how to describe divine shield with 1 word? annoying. well, in a duell of course it might be very effective though i think every enemy would just run away until the effect wears out.
his ultimate is not that usefull in a duel as well. actually it just does nothing in 1 vs 1 battles.
well, the paladin is maybe not the imbalanced hero in duells.

TechGeek001

Reaction score
Especially against Orc, who seem to be built for melee combat. BM or TC would own pally anyday, anywhere in one on one.

meehael

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I made an RPG where I used melee heroes with a few modifications, where one of them is that Paladin can heal himself, too.
He's annoying, because he doesn't deal much damage, but, on the other hand, he is almost impossible to kill!

I hoped Staff of Negation would negate Divine Shield, but it didn't.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
It could, if you trigger it to pick units in a radius and do: remove buffs of type Divine Shield from Picked Unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.