About damage and defense

ultimate11

Reaction score
hi again
So I use WE sience 2 years ago,and as I know so far we can add damage and defense to units via abilities.
I wondering if I can simply add damage or defense via triggers without using abilities (scripts,or jasss code maybe)
I saw some time ago WEunlimited and he has some actions like that,but I was wornning to not use it sience if the w3 patch is changed I wont be able to update my map.
So there is another way?

Smitty

Reaction score
Upgrades would be one method, but I believe you can also change pretty much any value associated with a hero via JASS. However, I don't know exactly how.

Smitty

Reaction score
If you don't know, try using upgrades with GUI? At least until you know how to do it more efficiently? Just a thought ^.^

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way.

The only way to change the status of units is via object editor data. Either upgrades, but these are permanent, or with abilities.
There are some abilities which glitch, adding and removing them immediately after will make their effect stay and stack if done repeatedly. But other then that there is no other way.

WEU did this the same way, it got plenty of dummy abilities which were injected into your project to simulate these status changes.

Smitty

Reaction score
Is it reliable enough to exploit glitches? Surely it'd be easier just to set upgrades?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it reliable enough to exploit glitches? Surely it'd be easier just to set upgrades?
You cant reverse upgrades.
Once researched you cannot remove them anymore.

But you can have one lifebonus ability with positive and one with negative values to switch back and forth at any time.

ultimate11

Reaction score
Well thx for your replay Accname but I am realy dissapointed,via OE will take forever to create a masive amount of abilities with diferent value pff....

Smitty

Reaction score
If you don't need to be able to decrease these stats often, using upgrades would be faster. But if you need to switch between having the increase and not having it, use OE ^.^

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Here's some stuff:
Life Bonus - 3 Levels - LvL1 = 0, LvL 2 = -1, LvL 3 = 1
Add the ability, increasing its level to 2 and removing the ability will increase max hp by 1, it will reduce by 1 if you set to 3 instead of 2.
The same can be done for mana

Upgrades:
Range, Armor, Damage
2x Upgrades, 1 to increase 1 to decrease.
Increase Upgrade with a +25 armor bonus per level increased.
Decrease Upgrade with a -25 armor bonus per level increased.

I like to do this for range. "hero equips bow" increase range upgrade level + 1, "Hero unequips bow" decreasr range upgrade level + 1.

This works BUT you can never reduce the upgrade level as previously mentioned. so if its an upgrade that is frequently used back and forth then you should be aware that an upgrade with 4+ levels begins to slow down loading time

Armor and Damage in WE is very closed off from triggers. Changing them on a unit normal means swapping the unit to a different one with new adjustments etc.
Here is an armor system that you might find a use for
Here is, IMO, the best Damage detection system around.
From Intro of Damage System:
I wanted to create a world where damage detection is your friend and where you can easily check damage types in triggers, use waits, whatever you want, just like if Blizzard itself had made it for us. Well, I achieved that and am damned proud to present to you all the IDDS, intuitive and simple, for your use.

Hope this stuff helps

ultimate11

Reaction score
hmm what can i say inneviatable armour system it only show defense of a unit not decreasing or increasing it .
ok ty for all replay

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
to increase or decrease non hero unit armor, the unit must have an inventory ability that is capable of picking up runes/tomes ie: hero inventory

then to increase it by 1 give it a tome that increases armor by 1 with no art or sound, then to decrease it do the same with a negative value, this goes the same for damage, to detect it you should use inevitable's link for the armor detection system

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
it doesnt matter, tomes and runes are picked up but dont require an inventory space, they can be added to a unit regardless of the inventory, so long as they have a hero inventory ability

and i remembered, you can also add health via this method

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.