Active Stasis Traps

KMDK

Cool Member
Reaction score
I think this might be a bit of a stupid question but... is it possible to make an active stasis trap you can put in the map in WE without having to make a unit to cast the stasis trap spell? Like how you can just put land mines in the editor and they will already be invisible and explode when you walk on them in the game?

The stasis trap unit doesn't really seem to have any ability other than ghost (visible) and I can't seem to find any passive spell that will make it stun units around it automatically.

neckcuttabob

Reaction score
Well I mean its a unit, just create a trigger that places one where you need it to be when you need it to be there.

KMDK

Cool Member
Reaction score
But there's like a whole field of them and I need them to be specifically placed in places close together haha. And I need like 50. So obviously I can't trigger it :/ Or I can but it will be a huge pain in the ass...

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Can't you just place Stasis Traps into the map? Of course, you'd have to trigger their expiration timers if you need that.

EDIT: I see the problem now.

You could place a bunch of dummy units where you want the traps to be, and get each of those dummy units to summon a Stasis Trap at their position. A Pick Every Unit loop would do this easily.

KMDK

Cool Member
Reaction score
Well okay it's going good so far, but somehow the traps don't even work. Like when I made the dummies cast it, I couldn't even see the stasis traps when I had true sight nor activate them when I stepped on them (yes they are hostile units). But when I changed the dummy units to be my units, they appeared and they were able to stun enemy units that walked on them. I'm really getting mindf*cked here =))

neckcuttabob

Reaction score
Well I know one of two things it might be, dummy units not having the mana to cast it or the spell itself still have the upgrade requirements that the dummy's race doesn't have.

KMDK

Cool Member
Reaction score
Well I already checked all of those and yeah as I said, it already works only if the dummies are allied or my units, not enemy units. I'll post the map here if you wanna see what I'm talking about.

The dummies are on the far left (they're the yellow draeneis). I made them have a model file without locust so you can see them in action. If they are your enemies, the stasis traps won't even appear and you can't even see them with true sight, but if you change them to be your allies, you can see them and they will activate on enemy units.

The trigger is on the bottom of the 2nd trigger (patrol and floating text). Someone help me please @_@

Attachments

• Ashenvale Valley Race.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 199
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.