Actor Problem

Ghin

Reaction score
I have a Unit using Preserver C model.
I gave it an ability of of Effect-target type named "abil1".
Now I added an actor that will play the unit's attack animation when he cast the ability "abil1".
It works apparently, but after the attack animation played there is a short duration where the unit
(if you order him to move) will just hover, then it will walk again.
My first reaction is to kill the animation I imposed on "abil1", but it kills the animation even before the attack animation plays, rendering no visible animation at all.
I tried a lot of variations, I don't seems to get around it.

How does an actor for ability typically made? or what method is normally used?
what did I do wrong here?

(and there I was thinking I'm starting to get a hang of actors)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
If you look at the Attack animation for this model, you will see that it actually has the "idle" part built into the animation. For this reason, you will not be able to follow the generic method used by other abilities.

Instead you need to base it on how the Attack (weapon) events work. These work by having two events: one which tells the animation to start playing when the attack starts and another event which tells the animation to stop playing when the attack finishes. Adopting this method will mean you will also have two events as follows:
Code:
Abil.abil1.SourcePrepStart
   AnimPlay Spell Attack

Abil.abil1.SourceFinishStop
   AnimClear Spell

You may need to use different values for the Sub Name on the events (the first line on each event) depending on how you ability is set up. You also need to make sure your ability has a casting duration so these two events don't fire at the same time (which would mean no animation is played).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.