Admin rights in windows 7

WayTooShort

Reaction score
A simple question: what is the simplest way of getting full administrator rights and total control in windows 7? Right now some asshole called TrustedInstaller is challenging me and blocking me from what is rightfully mine. I can't even install some programs because all the folders belong to him.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
this sounds like some sort of virus, but if not, are using an administrator account, yes? if so, is it just the UAC that is popping up? are there any other administrator accounts? (besides the default admin account)?

WayTooShort

Reaction score
I think the problem is that I'm not an administrator for some reason. I'm the only user of the computer and it only has one account, even the basic admin account is disabled. I can't even run the command prompt in admin mode so I could try that to gain the access to files..

WayTooShort

Reaction score
Well the TrustedInstaller wasn't a virus, but a part of the operating system. I fixed the problem by enabling the admin account and using it to give full control to my own account.

Thanks for the replies though!

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It wasn't really something that was broken, but it's up to you I guess. Some system folders are protected against being modified except by the TrustedInstaller service (used by official Microsoft hotfixes and service packs), in order to prevent users from installing malware or viruses that affect the OS.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't really something that was broken, but it's up to you I guess. Some system folders are protected against being modified except by the TrustedInstaller service (used by official Microsoft hotfixes and service packs), in order to prevent users from installing malware or viruses that affect the OS.

Or to get around the Windows Genuine Advantage tool :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.