Tutorial Advanced Cameras

jpres

Reaction score
smith_s9 said:
It's Cinematic, not Cinimatic. You spelled it like this all over the tut :p . Anyway, nice one.

Might wanna delete that post.. Check out my attachment.

Also in the first part of panning camera there is still a Nessicary, change it to Necessary.

Attachments

• er.png
    er.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 314

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay, fixed the cinimatic spelling to cinematic. Thanks. Also fixed the ] in front of the events. And fixed the nessecary I forgot about as well.

Keep up the comments,
KnightsOfTables

Knights

Reaction score
@Chewbalka: The UnitAngle variable is a real variable. As for the Ranom units from Units owned by Player[Integer A] its when you click on the facing angle of Unit, then you find Random Unit from Unit Group, then you say Units owned by Player, then you do a convert to player index. Then it says Player #, you click the number and find For Loop Integer A.

So there you have it...any more questions please feel free to ask.

Keep up the comments,
KnightsOfTables

G

G1thy4nk1

Events
Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Conditions
None
Actions
Custom Script : set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
For Each Integer A from 1 to 12
Loop - Actions
Set RandomUnit = (Random unit from (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))))
Set UnitAngle = (Facing of RandomUnit)
Camera - Apply Camera 002 for (Player(Integer A)) over 0.00 seconds.
Camera - Lock camera target for (Player(Integer A)) to RandomUnit, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default Rotation
Camera - Set (Player(Integer A)) camera Rotation to UnitAngle over 0.00 seconds.

hmm...... i am such an idiot! what should be the distance? and the Angle of Attack required to make a first person camera?

i am confused to that trigger!

anyway......only you know the distance and the Angle of Attack coz you used a Camera Pallete

(so sorry that i got too excited :eek: ) hehe..

and yes.... i didnt use your third person camera. . . i made it myself... although i forgot the triggers and my other computer is in my other house.
(the computer which contains the World Editor)
and im saddled with a 1.07 version of Warcraft III
oh.. and im about to give you something from Umed - open RPG

Q

Quadmxracer

Knights said:
/Bump for comments.

Ty for comments,
KnightsOfTables

The tutorial looks really good so far, but since you want improvement, how about pictures? I mean, everyone likes pictures, and I think with a couple pictures, it will be a 5/5 tutorial.

Ex. a picture of third person ingame, a picture of first person ingame, and maybe a picture or two in some of the other catagories like panning or something.

Just a suggestion, I hope it's helpful.

~Quadmxracer

Knights

Reaction score
All right, added pictures, fixed First Person Camera leaks, and updated demo file.

@G1thy4nk1: Set the angle as you wish, I suggest placing a unit on the map, and tilting the camera into his head, that way, you can't go wrong. ;). The offset also will need to change most likely for the first person camera, as I find the offset amounts change from map to map for me. :nuts: But then, what can you do... :p

Keep up the Great Comments,
Knights :)

G

G1thy4nk1

......, oh .. what do you use for the first person camera, the distance is ________, while the Angle of Attack would be __________.

Knights

Reaction score
The distance I use is 699.800, and the Angle of Attack I use is 354.000.

I hope this helped,
KnightsOfTables :cool:

G

G1thy4nk1

Some triggers of making the Camera

Actions
Set Distance to target of CamTarget by 90
Set Angle of Attack of CamTarget by 360

now all i need is to get the Z offset setting trigger (how can i do that, and where can i find it?)

M

McTaco

Very nice tut. It has me a little confused though (I jsut started makin maps) I am trying to use the first person view. I don't know what to enter for action on the inter A=1-12.

Knights

Reaction score
Under the triggers, you right click, choose Create new Action, then on the first drop down menu keep it on All. On the larger drop down menu, drop it down( ;) ) and select For Each Integer A do Actions. Then customize it to For Each Integer A From 1 to 12 do Actions *Your actions*.

Hope this helped,
Knights :)

M

McTaco

Very helpful, thank you. This is my first map so I'm trying to pick things up.

I decided to chagne to the original 3rd person camera. It is a much simpler camera to set up for my first time. Only 1 problem. I cannot find

Random unit from (Units in(Playable Map Area))),

in the trigger settings at the point its supposed to be.

Quote was taken from:

Events
Time - Elapsed Game time is 0.00 seconds.
Conditions
None
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked Player) to (Random unit

M

McTaco

ah ha! Got it, I am a little slow at figuring things out still but I'll leanr fast with help as good as this one. Thanks a bunch knight!

Knights

Reaction score
Your quite welcome, I'm just here to help... ;) A 5/5 star rating possibly on this post could be nice, to help it get into the tutorial repository to help more people.

K

Knyves

Everyone who uses the World Editor is a little smarter having read this. :)

Knights

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my main computer has crashed, and this one is really slow and I have no world editor on it, so I am unable to add to this topic right now, but once I get a new one I will add.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.