Tutorial Advanced Cameras

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I do not know why it is not working, but I recommend going into the Terrain Editor part of the Editor, and under the pallettes, choose Cameras. Tilt the camera (Ctrl+Right Click) to be inside a persons head/body, from your point of veiw. Then, just Apply Camera 001 for Picked player, as the setting, just as I did.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Suggestion : add some "command" text inside the map. This is so people who have DL'd the map can see what happens when you type "orange" for example.

{edit : Actually it would be nice to have the map work like its supposed to. Nothing is activating when I test the map. You have the triggers, but they aren't activating.}

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Locking Camera

Code:
Events
Time - Elapsed Game time is 0.00 seconds.
Conditions
None
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
          Loop - Actions
                   Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked Player) to (Random unit from (Units in(Playable Map Area))), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default Rotation.

So this will pick a random unit from the whole map and lock the camera for all players to it. Of course, every player will get a different unit to lock onto because a loop runs over for each picked player.

It is possible that different players could get the same unit, no? It is not a mistake that matters, but its bugging me.

Knights

Reaction score
It is possible that different players could get the same unit, no? It is not a mistake that matters, but its bugging me.

Yes it's possible. If you want one where it only picks a random unit owned by THAT player, do this:

Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked Player) to (Random unit from (Units in (Units owned by (Picked Player)))), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default Rotation.

That will only be the units owned by the picked player, which in this case is all players.

chovynz said:
Suggestion : add some "command" text inside the map. This is so people who have DL'd the map can see what happens when you type "orange" for example.

{edit : Actually it would be nice to have the map work like its supposed to. Nothing is activating when I test the map. You have the triggers, but they aren't activating.}

You must enable the trigger you wish to use for it to actually do something.

For example, if you want to use the cinimatic on start, and the trigger where it rotates the camera when you press escape, enable those two triggers.

To enable the trigger, select it, and just above the section where it has comments about the trigger, select Initially Enabled.

Good idea about the comments, though this tutorial is very old.

I may actually rewrite it, now that I'm better at tutorials.

Thanks for the help, i never really expected this thread to be found again...:D
Knights:cool:

Ozzdog

Reaction score
>>So this will pick a random unit from the whole map and lock the camera for all players to it. Of course, every player will get a different unit to lock onto because a loop runs over for each picked player.

That is untrue,

i am only sudgesting that you change it, because it might matter in someones map if they are counting on it picking a different unit for each player.

Knights

Reaction score
Ozzdog said:
That is untrue,

i am only sudgesting that you change it, because it might matter in someones map if they are counting on it picking a different unit for each player.

Well, if they listened to the tutorial, then they should be able to figure out how to change the Random Unit from Entire Map to something more like Random Unit from Units Owned by Picked Player.

Also, it is true, when you use the Picked Player loop, it redoes the action for each player. So, for each player, it will substitute the Picked Player with that player. For example, the first time it runs, it says:
Camera - Lock camera target for (Player 1 (Red)) to (Random unit from (Units in(Units Owned by (Player 1 (Red))))), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default Rotation.

Then, it will substitute it for player 2, etc.

I hope this helps,
Knights:cool:

Ozzdog

Reaction score
You are not seeing my point.

Knights said:
Also, it is true, when you use the Picked Player loop, it redoes the action for each player. So, for each player, it will substitute the Picked Player with that player. For example, the first time it runs, it says:

Code:
Camera - Lock camera target for (Player 1 (Red)) to (Random unit from (Units in(Units Owned by (Player 1 (Red))))), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default Rotation.

This really doesnt matter at all, but i would jsut like you to understand what I mean. I realize it runs the the trigger over again for each player, but it is possible that the same random unit is picked.

Knights

Reaction score
Ozzdog said:
You are not seeing my point.

You are correct.

Ozzdog said:
but it is possible that the same random unit is picked.

It is impossible for 2 different players to get the same unit, if that is what you mean...but if you mean in two separate games for the same player to get the same unit, yes, this is possible...

G

G1thy4nk1

Umm.....i apologize about last time, i never actually told u that i only had a 1.07 version of Wc3 TFT, i know that i found out that the First person camera actually works!, now if only i know how to give you some rep+, and about that RPG with a First-Person-Camera, i liked it, the camera actually works, thnx for the tip anyway lol.

C

Coolluck

I really liked the cameras, but for the third-person camera, is there a way to allow you to enable and disable the camera in-game? Such as typing in text and it disables it completely?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
@Knights: I think you should also add how waiting is less efficient and how if it is a complete cinematic, you should use "Time - Elapsed Game Time equal to 2.00" seconds so that its waits are more precise, though this pretty much covers cameras... Good job! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.