Age Differences in WoW

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Haha lol :p

Im ___ years old. WHO CAN GUESS IT :D

:p

Yes, I generally try and be respectful, although it gets hard when im either the TARGET of ignorant idiocy because im a 'noob' (other, MUCH more creative insults that woud probably make a parent smash in the moniter, too :p) or when there is an unloyal (except when it corresponds to the game --- I hate traitors, but can understand it on some games) or non - listeners (I am ok with 'noobs' but people who are just plain ignorant and stupid -_-) and flamers -_-. There are also some really ... explicit ... 'games' on battlenet, MEH.

Thats why I go here, LOL :p Battlenet gets sick and redundant ...

Ryokos 25? :p And here I was thinking he was 55 ... :p just kidding :D

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
I'd guess 15...

And yeah, I agree people discriminate against young people...what do you guys think the majority of BNet's age are around? Is it like 14-21 or what...

-Demonfaze

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
im 14 to lol, but im cooler then your typical 14 yr old, im imatture!!!! anyway nah thats stupid saying your son cant play because a 31 r old man is also playing the same game, thats like saying u can got swimming on the beach because theres a shark 400 miles away

L

lordloki

I think you'd be surprised... the average age is probably somewhere around 18-24... full of socially inept young adults at that. Generally when I get on battlenet, the thing that gets me annoyed more than anything is when your hosting a game, or even when your just joining.. all the impatient retards saying.. GO GO
GO
GO
GO
GO

omg... if you are one of these people..... DIE! lol...

Other than that... I don't really care how old someone is, but if you act like a child I will be quite pre-pared to treat you like one... I have 3 that don't even belong to me... and when they act like idiots.. they hear about it.. Last thing I want to do is get online and play with the same thing...

One of the most mature people I ever played with was 15 yrs old.... the next oldest in the map was 22 and he was the only one not yelling.

In general, age only has bearing if its disclosed. Other than that, most of the people that are called "12" as stated above... are probably 23 yr old spoiled retards who never had to earn a thing in their lives.

But I digress
to get back on topic
if my husband had been a woman who was 31 and playing with the kid, would the mom have been less worried?

What's Ironic is that with all the stories being air'd about teachers and their students.. and when I say teachers I am referring to the female ones that are marrying their students... I would wonder.....

What people fail to realize is that the video game generation that started and propelled the computer industry, is now entering middle aged. I've yet to be called old, but I will be honest and tell you when I hear that some people are 14 and whatnot... I cringe just a little... I mean I dont feel old.. I feel the same as I did when I was 14. But to realize I am twice the age, makes you wonder if when you hit 54 are you gonna feel like you did at 28...

DAMN I HOPE SO!!!!!!!
Can you say Priaprismic!! HAW!~

D

DarthTyranus

You are welcome to guess my age. I posted it a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) Bet no one remembers :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I'm 16. While I like to joke and mess around, I've also been told I'm too old for my years...

Anyway, I still stand by what I said, the blame should not be laid entirely with the parents, but rather the people who give the parents a REASON to worry. There are some pretty sick people out there. I should know, I've met a few.

Alexander

BrokenX

Reaction score
Most of the people on battle.net are fairely... cool, as in not crazy they are just there playing, but I do take my precautions on meeting people on battle.net, I don't think age is really the matter its just how you handle things that starts things. People on battle.net are lippier then ever its rather annoying they always think they are the best lol, this one time me and my 17 year old friend, yes compare the age difference 14-17, beat up these level 17's in a 2vs2 normal game, and they were probably the most maturest people I ever met, they said goodgame guys :), and like they meant it, so we cooperated back and said goodgame, and the usual, but really sometimes it gets overhand on maturety and people just overdo things on battle.net when really just play the damn game lol.

BrokenX

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Oh yes, the GO GO GO GO people drive me insane. I was playing with a friend and a guy was looking for a group. So we join, but I was way far away and I told them that it would take me a while to get there. The whole time I was running the guy was freaking out about how I wasn't there yet. Then I get there and turns out they entered the dungeon without me and were halfway in. So then all the baddies had regenerated at the front and I kept dyin to get to where they were and this guy is freaking out about how they have to wait for me. Well, duh, if you had waited for me in the first place....I woulda said nevermind at that point but I didn't want to leave my friend hanging with him. So I finally meet up with them and the guy charges ahead into every area and gets himself killed half the time and we end up waiting on HIM. Then, 10 minutes after I got there guy bails out on us saying he has to go. WHATWHAT? Told us we had better hearth out of there since there were now only 3 of us left...2 mages and 1 warrior. UGH. It took all my might to hold my tongue. But now I know not to play with that guy.

Bartuc08, good shark analogy :D

And yes, I say all the time, I notice which generation is starting to take charge here, when Thundercats and Voltron pop back up on cartoon network I think, hmmm I wonder how old the program director is? My age? LOL Or when they bring back the old Mario games, I wonder if the driving person behind that was like me and begged their dad for the first Nintendo so they could finally ditch their Intellivisions/Ataris for some good graphics LOLOL

Side note on that, Thundercats used to be my favorite show when I was young, I was sooo excited to see it back on tv, but then I watched an episode and had to ask myself if it was always that freaking corny? :D

L

lordloki

The Producers thank you for your viewing of their re-runs of classing greats such as Thudercats.. Since you seem to enjoy this type of genre, the producers also encourage you to check out their latest work, the hypnotic and lucid effects of Spongbob Squarepants. A totally revolutionary new cartoon guaranteed to turn your kids into raging psychotics.. And if you act now you can get a free talking Spongebob Doll, when if beaten correctly will spew pea soup and chant the devils name backwards...

... and yes... They were always that corney... And if my sarcasm from above escapes anyone.... its only got worse over the years.

I know what you mean about the WoW incident.. although I quit playing about 2 months after it came out... was way to easy.. after 2 characters to 60, plus all the time I spent in beta, it just lost its appeal... Which is sad cause I like it.

the Go go go. people.... whereever you are..... you just go go go across that street.. nevermind the bus!~ HAW!~

T

ThE-eNiGmA

I am only 18, and I have been playing online ever since ...what, 11? 12? I do agree people have alot of disrepect for us "young ones" but the thing is, there are ALOT of immature people out there. And sometimes a certain age group DOES deserve the flak they get...the number one thing I hate anywhere is somebody saying you are noobs, noobs, noobs, oh yeah, lets not forget, you are a noob! Especially when you just kicked thier butts. "Oh, that is such a noob strat!" If it works, it ain't noob. And besides, calling a noob dont mean squat. (if you want the slightly more profane version of this, complete with a funny second line, AIM me :D ) Noob is one of the most overused words, period.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Lol, yeah hey, im a noob ive been playing battle.net for four years, yes, yes I am a noob yes. lol thats what I usually say back when somebody calls me a noob.

BrokenX

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I've only read the first few posts, but this is what I think.

If a mom doesn't want her kid playing with some random dude, then why let him on an MMORPG in the first place?? Come on, most kids can think for themselves and you need to get it clear that if someone starts acting strange, then to tell a a parent. In msot cases where the parents have to supervise a kid when online, they're either waaaay overprotective, or they're little kids. If it's the latter, then why are you letting them play such a violent game in the first place??

Anywho, Jaina and Thrall look so awesome in WoW. :)

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
lordloki said:
I know what you mean about the WoW incident.. although I quit playing about 2 months after it came out... was way to easy.. after 2 characters to 60, plus all the time I spent in beta, it just lost its appeal... Which is sad cause I like it.
Yeah, my friend said he stopped playing after he reached level 50 and it dawned on him that it was all so futile. For quest + quest + quest = MORE QUESTS. I been playing about a month and a half and I am sad to say that I am starting to see his point LOL
Conan, I like the random dude thing, I hadn't thought of it like that before but it's really what it is isn't it?

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Just for the heck of it, i am gonna post my line, edited to leave it to your imagination :D

Saying noob dont mean ____, but taking their own gun and stuffing it (where the sun dont shine) means ____.

The point is, if somebody is going to complain about noob tactics, just take it and show that you can do it better than they can.
Back on topic, I haven't played WoW so I can't really say anything about the game. Yet based on my observations over the years, I can say that age doesn't mean much at all. It is the quality of what you type (or don't type, if you get what I mean) You can't really tell someone's age from what they type, unless it is OBVIOUSLY juvenile. Then again, so many adults act like juveniles its pathetic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.