Other Age of Chaos

Manee

Reaction score
Age of Chaos is a footie type map wherein units spawn automatically from a player's starting location. There are seven different races and players get to control a hero. Each player is able to upgrade his/her army to defeat the enemy.

Max Players:
4v4v4

Races:

Human
Humans are the tankers in the game. They are best used against units with piercing attack since they have defend ability. Also, the human race has the fastest spawn rate (9 seconds).
Tier 1: Militia with defend ability
Tier 2: Footman with Hardened Armor
(Stone Giant's Hardened Skin)
Tier 3: Elite Footman with Reflecting Shield (thorns) or Corruption (- armor)

Orc
Orcs have a slow spawn rate in the game(15 seconds). What they lack in numbers, they make up for it in quality. Orc units are one of the strongest units in the game. They specialize in assault, specifically, against units with normal armor.
Tier 1: Grunts with Berserker Strength (The one in normal wc3)
Tier 2: Orc Champions (Bash Ability)
Tier 3: Raiders with Crit Strike or Pillage (on units)

Troll
This race is a very versatile race because they can both be tankers and ranged units. They receive bonus HP and armor when they are in melee mode at the cost of range and damage. Also, their attack turns from Piercing to Normal.
Tier 1: Forest Troll withVersatility (Range to melee and vice-versa)
Tier 2: Troll Berserker with Adrenaline rush (passive bloodlust)
Tier 3: Troll Headhunter with Charge(passive blink strike) or Envenomed Spears

Undead
Undeads are spellcasters that use the dark element to help them win. They are able to feed from the souls of the living and raise skeletons from the dead.
Tier 1: Acolytes with Soul Feed (Life Steal)
Tier 2: Necromancer with Raise Skeleton
Tier 3: Necrolyte with Corpse Enslavement (passive raise dead - skel mage or skel champion)

High Elf
The high elves are gifted with light magic, and so they use this to support their team. They are able to heal others and plays a vital role in the game. Aside from supporting their team, they can also wreak havock on the enemy with their Holy Light.
Tier 1: Priest with heal
Tier 2: High Priest with Holy Light (Searing Arrow)
Tier 3: Wizard with Chain Heal (passive) or Polymorph (passive)

Night Elf
The matriarchal army of the night elves are expert archers. With their skills in archery, they can greatly cripple the flanks of the enemies from a far(800 max range).
Tier 1: Archers with Improved Bows (Bonus Range)
Tier 2: Dryads with Phase Shift
Tier 3: Sentinels with Triple Strafe (multi shot by chance) or Evasion

Goblin
This race of genius engineers is the most unique among the seven races and has the slowest spawn rate too(20 seconds). Even though the goblin engineers are incapable of fighting, they inflict massive damage on the enemy lines. The main units of the goblins are machines that the engineers themselves build. They may be costly but they surely are better than normal units.
Tier 1: Goblin Engineers with Kaboom! and can build powerful machines

Features

Heroes
Heroes in this game are modified melee game heroes
Less probability of having 1 man teams

Shared Bounty
This is a team game so it is just to share the bounty received among the team
Unit Replacement
Whenever a player upgrades his main structure to tier 2, all his tier 1 units would automatically be replaced by tier 2 units.

Item Shops
Item Shops are available to improve heroes.

Base Auras
Command Auras are present within the bases of the 3 forces
Enables a change of flow

Unit Replacement
Whenever a person upgrades his/her tier, all of his/her previous units would be replaced by new ones. Example: a person upgrades his tier from 2 to 3, then all his t2 units would be replaced by t3 units.

Red Alert
An ability of every hero that summons 1 grp of unit(depending on what their race is) at their starting location. This can only be used once.

T3 Skills
You can only pick one t3 skill for your units. Almost all T3 skills are triggered.

Objective:
To effeciently control your army so that you would be able to destroy the enemy's obelisks

Credits:waaaks!, GeertPingen, denmax, Paolarbear, Crusher8, Rizz_Boomer, donut3.5, manofsteel

Age of Chaos BETA 1.09

1219324384923.jpg

1219324521599.jpg

1219324650659.jpg

1219325472362.jpg

1219325574117.jpg

Changelog

Floating text for bounty can only now be seen by the owner of killing unit's team
Naga Sea Witch and Fire Lord can't be picked twice by a certain player
T3 units added
Rally Point Fixed
Red Alert Skill Added
Changes to some hero skills
Raised point value of t3 units from 15 to 20
When a person upgrades to t3, only that player's alive t2 units would be replaced
Triggered Spells for T3
Versatility CD lowered
Added a simple solo mode

Any comments, questions and suggestions? Please post them here :)

Manee

Reaction score
the map is 99% finished
now, the 1% is the win trigger =/
i cant make it work properly
is there anyone willing to help me?

Manee

Reaction score
BUMP

Help needed.... =/

beta version released(its still crappy though)

Manee

Reaction score
well actually im done with that trigger that's why i already released my map (though the trigger is not yet 100% ok, try testing my map and u'll know why)

Manee

Reaction score
compared to the map that i sent u, the one posted here is more unstable XD
nevertheless, i'll strive to release a stable map this week =)
and thank u for helping ^^

Manee

Reaction score
v1.07b released!!!!
please try it out :thup:

i need comments on this new version =)

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
How about you post a direct link to the map, not the link to a page that forces us to rate it "(5) Excellent'.

Age of Chaos BETA 1.07b

Trying this map now, will report on it... Eventually.

trb92

Reaction score
Night Elf - has longest range
Except it doesn't. It's the same as the High Elves range, lower then all ranged heroes, and the same as the Goblins last creation...

This game is nowhere near balanced, Goblins seem to the only race that can get their final unit. It costs a fair chunk of gold, but no other units really stand up to it. It does 80ish damage very fast with the longest range in the game.

Humans - Useless because they're units suck and they can't get the "Elven Shielder"
Orcs - Didn't try yet.
Trolls - Very short range, weak
Undead - Cannot get their Banshees, skeletons are improved by armor upgrade but not damage upgrade
High Elf - Longest range(500), weak
Night Elf - Longest range(500), weak
Goblins - Massively imbalanced, whoever picks these wins. Only ranged unit has longest range(500).

Manee

Reaction score
tier 3 is not included yet XD

"Goblins - Massively imbalanced, whoever picks these wins. Only ranged unit has longest range(500)."

my experience tells me otherwise =/

everyone that picks this race ( except for the very few that really knows how to play this game ) FAILS miserably =/

"Night Elf - Longest range(500), weak"

FYI, maxrange of night elves is 750

"skeletons are improved by armor upgrade but not damage upgrade"

i dont want them to hit harder

"Useless because they're units suck"

the humans are the tankers and their spawn rate is 9 secs/unit (normal is 10, orc is15)

and btw, its all about team work and the chemistry of the units... so uh... humans are really needed
________________________________________________________________________________

gah i think everything's weak for u =/
well if they are all strong then it might as well be "War of the Gods" or whatever =/
and I do think its balanced...

trb92

Reaction score
>FYI, maxrange of night elves is 750
Oh, if you buy the Improved Bows upgrade they have longer range... If their strong point is longest range, shouldn't they always have the longest range?

>everyone that picks this race ( except for the very few that really knows how to play this game ) FAILS miserably =/
How? It has fortified armor, a ridicoulous amount of life, very high damage and armor... How do people lose with this? Do they just not build units?

>gah i think everything's weak for u =/
I was comparing them to the goblins, the strongest race. Either weaken them or strengthen everything else to balance the game.

Manee

Reaction score
"Oh, if you buy the Improved Bows upgrade they have longer range... If their strong point is longest range, shouldn't they always have the longest range?"

nah, i just dnt have any other description for the night elves

"How? It has fortified armor, a ridicoulous amount of life, very high damage and armor... How do people lose with this? Do they just not build units?"

Because most people dont know how to use their goblin engineers and besides,they only have 75 life and so its hard for them to earn money. One aoe skill would wipe them out.

"I was comparing them to the goblins, the strongest race. Either weaken them or strengthen everything else to balance the game."

I do think that goblins are fine for now and so does my friends(heck i even think that goblins are weak =/)...

trb92

Reaction score
>Because most people dont know how to use their goblin engineers and besides,they only have 75 life and so its hard for them to earn money. One aoe skill would wipe them out.

You keep your engineers in the base and have your allies guard them while you build troops to send out... No AOE skills get close to them to wipe them out.

And about hard for them to earn money: I just had my ally handing me money, and in exchange I built the strong goblin stuff. As you said, it's about teamwork.

Manee

Reaction score
oh wow, so how then shall then earn money? -_-
send 1 goblin clockwerk to annihilate the enemy's army?

"And about hard for them to earn money: I just had my ally handing me money, and in exchange I built the strong goblin stuff. As you said, it's about teamwork."

then the foot units would be vulnerable...
they would be easy money...
and the base can be infiltrated easily

and oh... before the goblins can manage to build the gatling tanks, their obelisk would already be destroyed (most - probably)

I suggest u play it in Bnet or something and see the results =)

btw, thank you for ur criticisms :)

trb92

Reaction score
>I suggest u play it in Bnet or something and see the results =)
I did. I played it with friends on USWest in a private game, 3 teams of 2. Me, as goblin, and one of my friends, as Human, won because once I got Gatling Tanks nothing could stand against them, really.

Manee

Reaction score
to answer ur concerns, i disabled gold sharing between allies but added a new trigger ; Shared bounty trigger

the shared bounty trigger is already ok but i have to do something with it
i might also fix the leaver trigger (might or might not XD)

most probably, ill release the new version tom coz I need to study for my tests for tom...

Manee

Reaction score
it took a little longer coz of my hectic schedule
but its now released:

Age of Chaos 1.07c !!
Shared bounty now implemented
please look at the 1st page for the link

edit:
found a bug... 1.07d released

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.