AI CONTEST #1 Battle Thread

warden13

Reaction score
Of course it will blink if enemy is visible to my hero.

I spell-dodge easily with blink, wind walk, and mirror image and I am HUMAN. So my AI must be able do it too. But this is not valid for most of non-target abiltites. Blink has a cast time too, sometimes ai didn't makes it in time.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
so you can dodge any spell, at any time, with a 100% chance of succeeding? and the only reason failing would be because of the cast time of blink not firing in time
cool

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Next time read the whole post.

I spell-dodge easily with blink, wind walk, and mirror image and I am HUMAN. So my AI must be able do it too. But this is not valid for most of non-target abiltites. Blink has a cast time too, sometimes ai didn't makes it in time.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
so you can dodge any spell
I can't stand when people say things like this. You can dodge NON-INSTANT TARGETTED ABILITIES. There's like 6. Impale, shockwave, shadowstrike, stormbolt, acid bomb to name most. You can't dodge hex, frost nova, windwalk, entangling roots... Everything else...

But that's seriously annoying. "You can dodge 3 spells in this contest. Therefore, you can dodge any spell. Therefore, that's unfair."

Anyway, my AI doesn't fail its blink dodge unless stunned or otherwise impaired or blink is on cooldown. Actually, my AI will learn to dodge targetted abilities it doesn't know by default.

>only reason failing would be because of the cast time
Stun (like Mountain King bash), entangle, out of mana, blink on cooldown, enemy out of sight (or else you'd get disqualified)... The cast time is actually not even a reason to fail on mine.

PS. Never mind that cancelling the cast order if the target starts blinking should counter this, ey? Complaining is much more fun! ;)

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
so you can dodge any spell
i meant the spells like firebolt, storm bolt, deathcoild etc sorry.

the only thing that is annoying is being able to blink away from an above spell at melee range.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
PS. Never mind that cancelling the cast order if the target starts blinking should counter this, ey? Complaining is much more fun! ;)
That's the only thing that's annoying. Complaining about something that can be countered for free is silly. Just repair your AI. -_-

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
well, sure. : o
how would you be able to cancel the order when the spell has taken effect, unless you blink away before the spell effect has started : s i dont know.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
you blink away before the spell effect has started
"Begins casting" --> Casting animation starts, when a human would realise a spell is starting to be cast.
"Starts effect" --> when the spell has finished casting, exactly the unit's cast point after the spell began.
Blink's duration: 0.33 seconds. Ideal time to finish blinking (actually move): 0.01 seconds after casting. So ideal time to start blinking: 0.32 seconds before effect starts. So the caster can just cancel the order. :thup:

I learned that for my AI while writing it.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
yeayea i know how those events work, im JUST SAYING, i dont think all spell cast animations are like fireworks flying in the air obvious, especially, at melee range.
i like i said its just my opinion, dont crucify me :p

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
that would be fun to watch, though my code would not work because its designed to battle one enemy really. although i think it would be cool if we could fix up our ai's and do that :p

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Umm, Brutal, you were supposed to code an AI that works with multiple enemies.

If there is a tie for the first place between 2 or more Heroes, it will be a deathmatch between all of them, last Hero standing wins.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.