AI hero spellcasting

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
I am making a map similar to Castle Fight, now I want to make Heroes that have 4 spells, which gets added as they level up. Now in Castle Fight I know the units are made wards, and cannot be controlled by the player, even though they are in his/her possesion. I do not know how to cause a hero to cast a spell without the player pressing anything.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
haha

simonake funny post. really use triggers.

like event>somebody does something
condition>that somebody isnt a hero
action>force the ward,unit/whatever to cast a spell. Bam!

simonake

Reaction score
i asked it because it can be done with the AI editor. Read there's a tut on this site for the ai editor

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
That helped since I never actually found this trigger ( Don't ask why ) BUT; I want this trigger:
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Attacked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Human Blood Mage - Banish (Attacking unit)
To be like this(not limited to default spells):
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Attacked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Counter Attack (Attacking unit)
If that is possible to remove the default limitation, and is that limitation not in the AI scripts? Because then I am more than willing to learn those.

Emu.Man00

Reaction score
When you create a custom spell its based off of a hard coded spell, such as banish. Order it to cast whatever "Counter Attack" is based off of.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
If you use this action;
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • AI - Start melee AI script for *Some Player*: map.ai

units will use spells if they have them. If you want heroes to use spells, then you'll have to create some ai script as far as I remember.

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
When you create a custom spell its based off of a hard coded spell, such as banish. Order it to cast whatever "Counter Attack" is based off of.
So if I go and customize those spells, and I use more than there are in the trigger, how will I be able to create more spells like that?

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
No, say you made a spell called Rock throw and it was based off FIREBOLT, or something, then all you have to do is edit this Rock Throw but when referring to it in triggers, it would be Firebolt. Don't have more than two spells based off one thing on the same hero as it starts to get more complex when referring to a specific one in triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.