AI Problem

error0024

Reaction score
Hi im making AI mode for my vampirism to continue on =/
is there a way to make more options and also remove that unknown away ..
i cant save it =/

Attachments

• why.jpg
    why.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 215

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
theres an AI editor tutorial made by ghan...try reading it, maybe youll find what u want

error0024

Reaction score
K thx i'll try and take a look ^^
ahh his tutorial not really helpful for my problem =/ but thanks anyway ^^
is there anyone know how to..?

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
hm, i doubt you can make an AI for a vampirism with the meele AI editor, i think you'll have to script it using GUI or Jass in the end.

I did never try to make an AI so i dont know for sure but from what i heard is that you can only make AIs for meele maps with the AI editor.

error0024

Reaction score
But if i make it with triggers...
they're like just map hacking =/
they'll just target the human ...the unit
without that =/ if just put houses if they don't build they won't be found? =/
plus hmm...is there a way i can make them search the whole map 1 by 1? and is there a way to make the vampire hit the wall but not the towers..coz they're kinda stupid just hit towers but not walls ..when they cover up with towers then they wont attack,coz their target is towers

error0024

Reaction score
AI Help[ 2 ]

Hi there again i created a new thread regarding my vamp..
i made him these commands

Code:
Order P11 Less Hp
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait until ((Life of Nosferatu 0015 <gen>) Less than or equal to 1800.00), checking every 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Order Nosferatu 0015 <gen> to Move To (Position of Fountain of Blood 0002 <gen>)
and
Code:
Order P11
    Events
        Time - Every 35.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Life of (Picked unit)) Greater than 2500.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Randomize_human_target = (Random unit from HumanGroup_Unit)
                        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Position of Randomize_human_target)
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing

is there a better way to make him response properly? ...
and mm any suggestion?:p ....i have some problem with my vampires ...they seemed to walk beside the corners of the walls like when u builded 2 walls infront entrance and they just stay there targetting u
one more thing ...ive gave the vampire a full vision of the map
is there a way to make him work properly like hitting the towers if the walls is builded he'll hit wall but not the towers..but my vampire are hitting the tower but not the wall ...he didn't even hit the tower just walk and patrolling like a :nuts: guy

Code:
Alliances and Vamp Spawn
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Dying unit)) is in HumanGroup) Equal to True
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Human
        ((Dying unit) is Summoned) Equal to False
        ((Dying unit) is an illusion) Equal to False
    Actions
        Set HumanCount = (HumanCount - 1)
        Set Ownerofdying[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Owner of (Dying unit))
        Set OwnerofDying_Vampire_Convert[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Owner of (Dying unit))
        Player - Set Ownerofdying[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] Current lumber to 0
        Set Vampire_group = (Units owned by (Triggering player))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Vampire_group and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of Ownerofdying[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]) +  has fallen and will now be reborn as a Vampire...)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for Vamp_pick_one[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] labelled Death Knight
        Set Dialog_buttons[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for Vamp_pick_one[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] labelled Dread Lord
        Set Dialog_buttons_2[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for Vamp_pick_one[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] labelled Ghoul
        Set Dialog_buttons_3[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Show Vamp_pick_one[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] for (Owner of (Dying unit))
        Sound - Play HPitLordYes1 <gen>
        Player Group - Remove Ownerofdying[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] from HumanGroup
        Player Group - Add Ownerofdying[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] to NosferatuGroup
        Set Number_Spawn[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))
        Player - Make (Owner of (Dying unit)) treat Neutral Hostile as an Enemy
        Player - Make Neutral Hostile treat (Owner of (Dying unit)) as an Enemy
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Vampire_group)
        Wait 0.25 game-time seconds
        Visibility - Create an initially Disabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Dying unit)) emitting Black mask across Vampire Spawn Area <gen>
        Visibility - Create an initially Disabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Dying unit)) emitting Fog of war across Vampire Spawn Area <gen>
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Dying unit)) emitting Visibility across Vampire Spawn Area <gen>

2nd problem is ....this when the player is killed then spawn as vampire right?,but then he is spawned but then with a full vision of the map
what setting ? i mean the visibillity ..which one to set thx ^^

Baltazhar

Reaction score
When you enable Black Mask across an area, it includes Fog of War as well, so no need to make both.

Try adding, in the last trigger: Visibility - Make an enabled visibility modifier that allows (Owner of (triggering unit)) Black Mask across (Playable Map Area)
That should reset the visibility, and then just enable it for that player across Vampire Area afterwards.

EDIT: Oh, and about the AI triggers, I think that sounds fine for a basic AI. It can attack and heal, that should make it playable.

error0024

Reaction score
Ohh but then should i reveal the whole map to the vampire ? i mean the AI
so they could work properly =/

131ackout

Got an idea

how about you make regions for every base

so your vampire can patrol

and then attack u

be sure to add a revival trigger for vamp

idk, im just guessing if this is what you wanna it

Vassilev

Reaction score
>>> Order P11 Less Hp

i think i can help you with that.

Your trigger asks Nosferatu to run to the blood fountain ONLY IF his life is below 1800 AND CHECKING every 10 seconds, so during that cooldown check, he might be getting pwned by slayers without ever responding.

Try this:

Event:
Unit - is attacked
Condition:
Unit being attacked = Nosferatu
Actions:
If
Noseferatu's hitpoint is less than 1800 AND he is NOT in Fountain of Blood Region
Then
Order Nosferatu to move to the fountain of blood.

So when his hitpoints does drop below 1800 while being attacked he would respond immediately.

Oh btw, you can also add a trigger for him to cast Windwalk.

Hope this helps, cheers :D

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
maybe its just me ,but i dont like your first trigger, the action is from WEU isnt it?
and im not sure if it doesnt leak or cause problems, so this should be exactly the same without WEU: and its leakless

Code:
Order P11 Less Hp
    Events
        Time - Every 2 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        (Life of Nosferatu 0015 <gen>) Less than or equal to 1800.00)
    Actions
        set TempLoc = (Position of Fountain of Blood 0002 <gen>)
        Unit - Order Nosferatu 0015 <gen> to Move To TempLoc
        CustomScript: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

by the way maybe even better:

Code:
Order P11 Less Hp
    Events
         Unit - Nosferatu 0015 <gen>'s life becomes less than 1800.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        set TempLoc = (Position of Fountain of Blood 0002 <gen>)
        Unit - Order Nosferatu 0015 <gen> to Move To TempLoc
        CustomScript: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

error0024

Reaction score
AI help [3]

I am sorry to make a new thread again coz some of my thread some people isn't looking at it -.-
mm
anyways i want to ask that is there a way to make my vamps smarter? like i made a cliff example

Legends :
Black = Towers
Red = nearby Vampire
Yellow = Vampire
Brown = Walls

refffffffln8.jpg

on the image i showed
that i want to say ..
Those VAMP AI ..i made
my trigger
Code:
Order P11
    Events
        Time - Every 35.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Life of (Picked unit)) Greater than 2500.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Randomize_human_target = (Random unit from HumanGroup_Unit)
                        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Position of Randomize_human_target)
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing
Right?
this one is ordered my vamp to attack that human builder location
but then it works but once the human builder walk on the black spot ive made or edited the vamp kept patrolling there move here and there
is there a way to fix that? :O
im still thinking on how to fix that...thx every cliffs happens like that..
when the humans build wall blocking the entrance i can see that the vamps move following where the human goes coz i set that trigger right..but now i want it to hit the wall and only reach inot the human -.- if not ...bug occurs he just stand there patrolling waiting to be killed

swe_suffer

Reaction score
should work, thus your trigger has a lot of heavy leaks. Check the tutorial section for info about leaks..

have you checked if he can attack the tower?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
So, right now you want triggered AI that's smart for the vampires right? You need AI for like retreating, attacking, upgrading skills and buying items right?

Edit: Is that map protected? If not, I want to look at the triggering.

error0024

Reaction score
ohh that map is protected yeah
if you want my copy version i can send to you ...but please don't distribute or make my map ....shown here =/
becoz i dont want copy version of mine thx ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.