AI :(

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
If you have a map which works differently than the melee game, you'll probably have to make your own. Some people (me included) find this very interesting and fun. The idea of having your AI play your map automatically is, for me, intriguing. I remember when I made my first version of an AI for Square Control, and it easily won games 1v4 since it had so high apm.

Since I don't know the specifics of how your map works or how it's played, it's hard for me to tell you how to add it. It's something you'll have to figure out a lot on your own. I can give you some ideas though. The easiest way is probably to make a periodic trigger which is your main loop that does stuff.

Make a global Player group variable called "AI players". In your main loop, use the "Pick every Player in (AI Players)". This is to make sure it works for several players. You'll then have to add stuff for it to do. Maybe create new units if it has the resource and then if it has more than a certain amount of units, attack a location? Just make sure that you add the player that is controlled by the AI to the AI Players player group.

You can implement a lot of your ideas in this trigger. Some times you might want to create a couple of other triggers to use as well. The problem with this approach(the periodic trigger) is that it can be inefficient. If you have an advanced AI, it'll do a lot of calculations and checks each period. If you succeed in making everything event based(so instead of having a main loop, you use different triggers), it'll be more efficient since it's only run when it's needed, instead of running the entire thing every time. It is also easier to read and understand if you don't put it all in the same trigger.

I would suggest you go with the periodic trigger. It's much easier to do in most cases.

DonMushroom

Reaction score
What would the condition be to add none human players to AI Players?

If (.......................?..................) Then add to player group AI players
Whats this bit ^ :D

Also how can i set a choice.

If
Something happens
Then
This
This
or This could happen

So how can i have multiple outcomes from one action

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
What would the condition be to add none human players to AI Players?

If (.......................?..................) Then add to player group AI players
Whats this bit ^ :D

Use the Controller Of Player function and set Value 2 to Computer:
(Controller of player 1) == Computer

I would tend to use a Switch action that uses a random integer to determine which set of actions to complete:
Trigger:
  • General - Switch (Actions) depending on (Random integer between 0 and 2)
    • Cases
    • General - If (0)
    • Actions
    • ------- Do actions for case 1
    • General - If (1)
    • Actions
    • ------- Do actions for case 2
    • General - If (2)
    • Actions
    • ------- Do actions for case 3

DonMushroom

Reaction score

How do i
- Make units move to different locations?

I want a unit to move to a region. (I have the unit doing things just not moving)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
There is an action called "Issue order". You'll have to specify which unit to order, what type of order(No target, point target, unit target etc. Move is a point target ability) and the order(move). You'll also have to specify the point where you want it to move.

There is a function called "Center of Region" which returns a point in the center of the given region. Use this together with the "Issue Order" action to make a unit move to a region.

DonMushroom

Reaction score
How would i make a trigger like this? :)

If
Player has X amount of Minerals/+Gas
Then
Spent X amount of Minerals/+Gas on X amount of Units.

Eg 1

If
Player 1 has 512 Minerals and 199 Gas
Then
Player 1 uses Gateway - Warp in Stalker (To train the 4 stalkers the player can afford)

In conclusion :p

I am looking to make a trigger that calculates the amount of Minerals/Gas a players has and buy units accordingly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.