American use of nuclear weapons against Japan

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I don't think there can be a 'winning' side about history. History has it's facts. You can't debate over facts. However, no matter how much evidence is brought forth, thanks to(or lack of) morals, conscience and guilt, people will always agree or disagree on America using the Atomic Bombs.

The End.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You can't debate over facts.

We can, it just has no change in the outcome without counter-facts that totally change everything, which is something we don't have. It's still fun to debate stuff. Whether or not it's useless and futile.

esb

Reaction score
True, debating also increases your knowledge. I learned quite a few things from this debate =D

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
True, debating also increases your knowledge. I learned quite a few things from this debate =D

Haha, glad to help? (If it was me)

I need a new debate... someone start one and I shall try to dominate! : )

Reaction score
> I learned quite a few things from this debate =D
Same here.

> all countries have a dark side to their history.
Lemme know one from bad thing about Finland. (even though it's off-topic, I'd like to hear).

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
> I learned quite a few things from this debate =D
Same here.

> all countries have a dark side to their history.
Lemme know one from bad thing about Finland. (even though it's off-topic, I'd like to hear).

Its trying to take over the world....
So the USA will become uså

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
After finishing this page, I have to mention something.

Wikipedia Article [I]"The Manhattan Project[/I]" said:
...The question of Axis efforts on the bomb has been a contentious issue for historians. It is believed that efforts undertaken in Germany, headed by Werner Heisenberg, and in Japan, were also undertaken during the war with little progress. It was initially feared that Hitler was very close to developing his own bomb. Many German scientists in fact expressed surprise to their Allied captors when the bombs were detonated in Japan....

I do believed USA is the sole creator of uranium/plutonium bombs. They would use it to end the war, at no cost. Driven by fear, and possibly due to the Great Depression, it brings a new era into the industrial era. The Russia nuclear bombs weren't developed until after WW2.

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Yes it was a race, and the fear of Germany having their own was very high. At the time Germany had the greatest rocket scientists alive working on various projects, in fact many of Americas scientists who helped but the first man on the moon were from Germany, captured after the war.

Russia also captured many of their own scientists, but however, we beat them to the punch with putting a man on the moon first. Credit must still be given to the Russians for putting the first man into space and safely bringing him home.

---

There was no fear of the Great Depression, the depression roughly ended in 1939 with the war economy backing that up. This is in fact, one of the few wars that actually helped strengthen our economy and global positioning among other nations.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The Great Depression was solved by the war because more industries were needed for creating weapons and ammunition etc.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I didn't feel like reading all of the thread but so far I haven't seen someone post this.

Regarding what I've read saying the US didn't know the effects of a nuclear weapon; then think again.

During the Manhattan project, the US tested dozens of nuclear weapons in the Trinity weapon tests. The scientists in the project first thought it would blow up the world but realized it's destructive power. They understood it released radiation. They studied their tests through camera recordings in buildings and recorded radiational levels.

The first atomic weapons were designed to make sure Germany wouldn't make them first and literally destroy the Earth. I'm glad the US came first but here is another thing. If say the US didn't have nuclear weapons before Russia/Soviet Union, then the modern world could possibly be all Soviet.

It was Stalins age and who knows what they would've done if they have nuclear weapons and we didn't. There would be no Cold War, but possibly a global soviet conquest.

As for the Japanese bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I find it logical under the conditions the US was placed in. More civilian lives would have been lossed in a Japanese millitary invasion anyway. The US did choose millitary sites btw but civilians would inevitably be eradicated due to the bomb's enormous explosion radius.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well don't forget; If we invaded, people would have died from Gun fire of the cross fire (or have been shot which is painful) not to mention they could have gotten there legs blown off in Air Bombings...

The Atomic Bombs blast is so powerful and fast, you die instantly...

esb

Reaction score
There's also the hereditary effect, and the emotional pain of losing your loved ones.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Well either u get blown up to ashes or deal with EXTREMELY painful burns. It still is very inhuman as a weapon.

esb

Reaction score
Unnatural death is inhuman. If you think about it, even war is inhuman, yet necessary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.