[Andrewgosu's Iconing Section]

K

Kevin

I have a very small request ^_^

I apparently don't have the right kind of art editor to make buttons :( yes, it is sadness on the highest level :(

All I need is an item art button that has the face of Pappa Smurf.

Yep! That's all I need!

And yes, I know it's a stupid simple request, and it sounds kinda goofy.

But all I need is an item, who's image has the face of Pappa Smurf.

Can you pls help me?

tyvm ^_^

btw, pls email me: [email protected] ^_^

I do not know what kind of resolution you need, so I can't give you any pictures of pappa smurf. So any picture you find that looks good would be great :) I think there are Smurf AIM Icons out there. Just need his face ^_^

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Tinki, what do you think about this one?

Jo-1.jpg

It was made by Jo_O, for the Icon Contest we had a while ago...

I can easily make it's versions, but I want to know if you like it.

BUT! You should ask Jo_O if he allows ya to use it :p

Haxxored my icon??
J/k

Anways, here's the smurf icon someone wanted:

EDIT: Hmm. My upload isn't working atm... 1 sec

EDIT2: Ok, should be here now.

Attachments

• Smurficons.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 232
K

Kevin

!YAY!

TYVM Jo_O!:D

I put special thanks to u in my map ^_^ in fact, I will give you a copy of my map! feel free to email me for the map file or the website tyvm ^_^

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Took about 10 secs to make it. ;)
And I'm not so much into map making anymore, so you don't have to send me the map.

Always fun to help tho :D

K

Kevin

jo_O!

:( I need help.

I downloaded the nice smurf icons. And I put them into these directories:

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\DISBTNSmurf.tga

and

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSmurf.tga

The icons look fine in the editor, but when I play the game the icon for the item when it is in the shop looks like a bright green square.

-_-o I am doing something wrong but do not know what it is.

Did I put them in the wrong directories?

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Hmm, not my area actually :eek: Haven't imported anything to a WC3 map for a while, but I know you might want to convert the file to .BLP before importing.
I could have done this, but I'm at a LAN atm so can't access my WC3Viewer. :p

Just ask someone or get WC3Viewer and convert them yourself :D

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
The green square might meen it wasn't imported/extracted as a 24 bit icon, or it could mean you cant custom path stuff without changing some script.

I would try placing it over a pre-made Wc3 icon (like entangling roots) and just use that path.

EDIT: I believe Acehart said you can import as a .tga, but a .blp has a smaller filesize, thus letting you have a faster load/download speed.

K

Kevin

something is wrong with these icons and I do not know how to fix them.

they are 24 bit.

For some reason, when my item is in the shop, the icon just appears as bright green. Do I have the icons in the wrong place?

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\DISBTNSmurf.tga

and

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSmurf.tga

-_-o I just want to try to finish this map before I leave on tuesday.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
just use this <3
ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\DISBTNSmurf.tga
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSmurf.tga

dont need to add the program files and so

edit

correction...(not passivebuttons but commandbuttonsdisabled)
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNSmurt.tga

K

Kevin

ayumi <3

ty for the heart. I needed it today. People have been yelling at me because I am too slow to understand things.

<3

however.

:(

OMG :eek:

:(

I feel so stupid.

but, also, your heart helped me think better.

^_^

I realized, it was not the path that was the problem.

I HAD NEVER IMPORTED MY ICONS INTO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I forgot I had to use the import manager :( :eek:

ty for your heart ayumi <3

Edit: yes, today I've just felt like using emoticons. It's been very stressful. I have decided to just give up on my special model, and instead search for someone who can animate and skin her. So anyway, ty ayumi ^_^

master maste

Reaction score
Well I have a job for you to practise your icon making skills :)

ok I need 4 icons for my map and if you make them you will be in the credits and I will also +rep you what ever that means because you already have so much rep but I will still give it lol.

Icons

Rocket: Based off this icon "ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNHumanArtilleryUpOne.blp"
but flipped over so that the rocket is facing east. I would like a normal border on it (if there is not one already) and so have a white trail coming off the back of the rocket (a straight trail).

Rocket Salvo: Same as the above but have 3 rockets that are different distances apart, but that you can still see them all (hard to explain but the way that looks the best).

Homing Missile: This one I would like based off this icon "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNClusterRockets.blp" but make it so there is only one rocket and that it is centered in the middle of the icon (also keep the black background)(and maybe have a curved white trail instead of the flame out the back, or curve the flame so it looks like it has turned around)

Homing Missile Salvo: Like the above icon except this time it will have 3 missiles with the curved trail/flame.

If you have any questions please ask or PM me.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, can I get icon requests? All of them don't have to be done, anyone can do whatever icon to make, as long as the icon is done :D! I also want all icons to be active and passive, but not disabled passive or disabled active.

1. Improved Long Rifles
Base: Long Rifles
Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNImprovedLongRifles.blp
It looks like Long Rifles except it has a Yellowish Gold glow like a god.

2. Critical Shot
Base: Critical Strike
Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNCriticalShot.blp
It looks like Flying Machine Bombs covered in blood but background is like Critical Strike without the sword.

3. Defend [Rank 2]
Base: Defend
Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDefend2.blp
It looks exactly like Defend but sheild looks like the Steel Plating sheild.

4. Defend [Rank 3]
Base: Defend
Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDefend3.blp
It looks exactly like Defend but sheild looks like the Mithril Plating sheild.

5. Animal War Training [Rank 2]
Base: Animal War Training
Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAnimalWarTraining2.blp
Not sure if this is an existing icon, but it looks like Animal War Training except the lightning is colored red and the hoof is gold.

crystalguard

Reaction score
I would also like an icon request...

I was wondering if i could have a battle axe Icon baced of the Strudy War Axe Item, but in addition it has like a Barbed Blade and a red stripe following the shape of the blade and wraping around the handle and hanging off the end. And also can you make me a Bow and Arrow Icon, or a Dagger Icon

Please & Thank you

K

Kevin

I have an icon request:

Can someone please turn the attached file into a cleaned up set of .blp Hero Icons for my Hero Paladin!? thank you!:D

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Sorry Crystalguard, couldn't make a good bow and arrow icon, made the dagger instead.

Also, I did not convert any of them into blp, they are in TGA's. Just do not have time at the moment for it and I am tired after making 28 icons in a row.

Better than nothing, right?:p

Anyway, here they are and PM me if you want to notice me about your new request, what you have made in this thread.

K

Kevin

Wow Thanks!:d ^_^

I give you credits in my map!

actually can someone please convert these to .blp for me? Whenever I convert to BLP it screws up the icon :(

S

Sunny_D

there you go: ;)

you should read the section about the alpha channel, they didnt have one...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.