WIP Ant Wars

nemesispoi

Reaction score
this is a game i have been working on and i just need some peoples opinions about it. there is more that i need to add but i want to make sure that the gameplay wont be too boring or repetetive.

any advice is appreciated either good or bad...

Things to consider
1. This is my first game to be as harsh as possible when giving feedback
2. most of the units are there when you start, so you dont have to go through the whole building process
3. more environmental stuff will be added to make the game look less boring
4. units are builder ant, worker ant, warrior ant, dirt tosser, queen ant, drone, healer ant, scavenger ant

more things to consider will be added when i can think of them:nuts:

untitled35t-1.jpg

Attachments

• antwarprotect.w3x
    141.2 KB · Views: 240

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Come on Windex, maybe he just doens't know how to do it?

To make screenshots, just use 'print screen' in game, then the screenshot will be placed on your windows clipboard. Then you can just paste them in paint and save them as a usable image file. Then you only have to upload them to an image hosting site such as photobucket and post the image link in your post.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
why have i got peasants and a human townhall if i am playing with ants?

well and the skill of your 'mounds' which is ordering all warrior ants to attack is just ordering them to 'move' not to 'attack/move' which would be much better...

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I've also made a CTF map from scratch, with ants as the theme, Ant Attack. I released it a long time ago, on February 17, 2008. Though the ants there are more on the fantasy side, magics..

nevermind im too lazy............
ill get it eventually

If you have Adobe Photoshop, then just use Print Screen in-game.

Actually, the screenshots go within the Screenshots folder if done that way. (That folder is inside your Wc3 folder). Then open your Photoshop. Because they're TGA image files you need Photoshop to open 'em. Then save it as a JPG file. You're ready to upload it to Photobucket (I mean, there are others out there).

I'm lookin' forward to those screenies:thup:

nemesispoi

Reaction score
why have i got peasants and a human townhall if i am playing with ants?

well and the skill of your 'mounds' which is ordering all warrior ants to attack is just ordering them to 'move' not to 'attack/move' which would be much better...

i will remove the peasants and town hall

thanks... ill fix the skill

i dont have adobe photoshop and its too much work to print screen, save image, print screen, save image over and over again......... but its for the good of the warcraft community so ill have some photos by tuesday or wednesday hopefully

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
It takes less than 10 minutes to take 5 picures. that's not long or hard.

Get 'The Gimp' if you can't afford or know how to get photo shop for free (Legally, surprisingly)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
They mean for pasting it and editing the picture. To take a screenshot, just go in-game OR in the World Editor (I suggest putting on In-Game View Settings) and pressing Print-Screen button. Every time you finish taking one picture, unless you have a saving program like XFire can, go to a image editor, and paste it.

You can also just use paint, although it won't be as nice. One picture at a time unless you have, like I said before, saving program.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.