Anti-Ceat system for RPG map (single player)

Sunchips

Reaction score
Well I thought you could just detect it as text whenever someone types like whosyourdaddy or greedisgood but apparently you can't... So I really need to know, does anyone know of any tool or something that can detect this? Otherwise I'll have to make my map 2-4 instead of 1-4 :(

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Why ruin the fun of cheating?
Also, no there isn't any tool most likely.

You can't detect when a cheat is activated (although in a map I have seen if you type whosyourdaddy or greedisgood or any resource cheat the player is defeated).

I'm guessing they make a dummy unit and order it to attack the hero, every time the hero is attacked, make the hero deal 25000 damage to the dummy unit, the dummy unit has like 50000 HP, because whosyourdaddy amplify's makes you do x100 damage the damage will kill the dummy unit, otherwise it's HP would just be set max to 50,000 HP. A trigger detects if the dummy unit dies, if so, DEFEAT PLAYER.
Just a theory.

Sunchips

Reaction score
There's gotta be some way :( I can't belive after all these years of people making RPG maps in editor that no one have thought of making an anti-cheat system :confused:

I mean if I'm gonna have a code system like Nickba's ORPG or Dark Invasion I wan't players to be able to use their hero with same items and skills if they play the same map with some other players but that wouldn't be fun if someone started in single player, cheated so he got 1 000 000 gold and then save a code and load it in an internet game with others and he has 1 000 000 gold :(

Edit: I noticed Nickba's ORPG contains an anti-cheat system and it fails the mision for you whenever you type the cheat, how is he doing? :(

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
There aren't any/many developed since most players have gone the easy way and either totally forbidden sologames or won't allow you to save char.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As BlackRose said, using dummy units. This is how I can see it being done in Nikba's ORPG (I have the map and have played it). You have one weak unit that hits ones every one second and another one that has 400 hp and regens 1.5 hit points per second. When the 400 hp unit dies, defeat player one. (Hide these units somewhere and make the 400hp one unable to move and have no attack, this way it has no chance of killing the one that hits ones).
For I see dead people, do this: Make a unit that has 999999999 range and hits 99999. Make this unit only able to target a very specific unit type. Something like 'flying, ancient, mechanicle enemy' and make one unit matching all of these criteria and place it at the other end of the map (once again hidden) When the player types in 'Iseedeadpeople', the ranged unit will see the other unit and attack it, killing it and defeating the player. (you will need a trigger to say when that unit dies, defeat the killing player)
For There is no spoon, do this: Give one unit no regen and 100 hp. in the world editor, set its health to 1% of its full health. Hide this unit somewhere and create another one with the 'heal' ability. Make the ability cost 9999 mana, be on autocast and heal 99999 hit points. Place this unit next to the 100 hp unit. When 'thereisnospoon' is activated, the healer will heal the 100hp unit. Make a trigger that says every one second of game time, if the 100hp unit's health is equal to or above 90, defeat all players.

I have no clue how to defend against the other ones, but these are the first cheats most people will use and hopefully, finding that these don't work will scare them off from trying to use the rest.

Sunchips

Reaction score
yeah but what's to do about greedisgood? They tried to make an anti-cheat to this in dakr invasion that if you received gold and lumber from that cheat they reduce it by the same amount 0.01 sec after but I was able to type the cheat while standing near a shop and then fast as hell spam click "Buy" on an item and then I was able to buy it for the cheated money :/

Rainther

Reaction score
You'd maybe have to track all incomming cold I believe. What incomes do your RPG have?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is the only way I can think of to do it and it will only work if the player tries to get a lot of gold (not just 1000 or, if you can have this much money in your map 10000)
Have a trigger that checks every 0.01 seconds to see a players gold. if that gold gets over a certain amount (Make it so you can't get this much gold without playing for a while. [some amount around 100,000 gold should be fine]), defeat that player. Won't always work but its all I could think of:(

Rainther

Reaction score
Guess you could store a players amount of gold each 0.04 second and then check the next time the differences. If none of your enemies give more then 100g for example you can have that limit.
Apart from I'm uncertain if you can keep track of sold item's value. With quest rewards you could add the amount to both player and global value...

Yoshii

Reaction score
well if your game use code there is a simple way to just disable them in singleplayer.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
For iseedead people:
Trigger:
  • Anti Iseedeadpeople
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Fog of war is enabled) Equal to False
      • (Black mask is enabled) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • -------- Do whatever you want --------

For greedisgood/leafittome you need a player who has NO chance Ever getting gold/lumber:
Trigger:
  • Anti Greedisgood
    • Events
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 1.00
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Current lumber becomes Greater than or equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Do whatever you want --------

For thereisnospoon have a hero with 135 mana and the spell flamestrike:
Trigger:
  • Anti Thereisnospoon
    • Events
      • Unit - Your hero Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 10.00) then do (-------- Whatever you want --------) else do (Do nothing)

Trigger:
  • Anti Thereisnospoon 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Your hero to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Center of No region)

And the Disable cheats does >>>NOT<<< work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.