Anti Xdep

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I am not encouraging people to deprotect but just simply asking if anyone know how to make a map that cannot be deprotected by Xdep or stop Xdep from deprotecting the map? If you do not wish anyone else to know, you can private message me.

Thanks in advance
+rep if helped
To Mod, I am not asking for deprotection but how to counter a specific deprotect tool. Anyway, if you think there is a breach in rules, you can delete this thread.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
asking for protection help is allowed in this forum, but to successfully protect a map you need to understand how the protection works.

there is always 1 basic rule:
As long as a map can be played in wc3 it can be deprotected. keep this always in mind. because everything you delete can be (mostly) recreated out of the games data.

what a protection programm usually does is removing certain data from your map file. data which is not needed to play the map but to open it via the editor.
it removes the GUI scripts for example or some other information needed by the editor to load the map.

another possible method for protection is to add new data to a map file which the editor cannot understand. like making your own new GUI actions like EGUI does. when somebody else wants to open the map his editor will tell him that there are unknown functions in the map the editor cannot load and therefor it will shut down.

to protect a map you need to change the map file of yours so drastically that it would become very very hard to restore the data back to default. but be careful not to delete something important for the game to play the map.

there are alot of protecting tools but for every protecting tool there is most probably a deprotection tool because the method the protection works is known to the deprotectors since they can analyze that tool.
if you want a good protection you need to make one yourself using a hex editor or similar programms to open your map file and change its content.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I have researched and came out with some good protection, I just left with Anti-Xdep and it will be almost flawless protection

Medeam

Reaction score
Want to msg me what you think the anti version of it is?
By the way there are still some very well methods of protection hidden from the public.
There is a way to stop opening a map then after that you can stop those pesky mpq editors.

Most people do not know how to stop mpq editors which is the disadvantage to them but the advantage to people that know this method like me.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I have messaged back to you, you have not replied (not to be rude) or maybe you are busy
Just hope you will reply me asap

And also BuMp...

DioD

Reaction score
you can't.

i personally know developer of Xdep, also there is sourcecode of SFMPQ and Xdep, its work of single night to redirect some calls to storm.dll making any protection obsolete.

as long as warcraft able to open your map, it can be opened by external editors.

also zezula posted his editor it ignore any types of mpq corruprion.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> you can't.
XDep doesn't immediately work on maps with damaged MPQ Headers. It is of course an easy fix around, but for now, 'you can'.

> as long as warcraft able to open your map, it can be opened by external editors.
Once most well protected map are actually opened in the editor, they're almost impossible to edit and copy things from. Most experienced JASSers would be able to, though anyone capable of reading obscured JASS code is more than capable of coding anything they want themselves anyway.
Less experienced coders, who would be most likely to steal and copy maps and code, will be unable to. So map protection works, to that extent.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Romek, Can you give me a favour? Delete the first link... I wanted to keep it low profile so that it will be a better protector and I have tried the method of the link but it is not able to counter Xdep
I also have researched much on the way of protection, I found tons of it but none can counter of Xdep and most are similiar

DioD

Reaction score
you wasting time for protection, when able to use it to improve your map.

no offence, but no one want to steal "your" map, also mpq corruption completely useless vs cheat injectors, since they do not search files or read header, direct replacement of jass file pwnz.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
you wasting time for protection, when able to use it to improve your map.

no offence, but no one want to steal "your" map, also mpq corruption completely useless vs cheat injectors, since they do not search files or read header, direct replacement of jass file pwnz.

I does not use protection for anti stealing of map. Instead it is to prevent, it from adding in cheats. Or can anyone update Map Lock?? As it can detect any edit in jass then maybe the hacker will open up the map which now anti-deprotection comes in handy?

DioD

Reaction score
using direct procedures you allowed to extract code, change it and inject back without any limits.

you may slowdown process a bit, but not stop it at all. there is no way to protect code from modifications, since there is no way to check it ingame.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can prevent people from stealing content of your map or adding unwanted content pretty easy.
make the map this bad that nobody wants to open it in the editor.

unfotunately this method comes with some serious drawbacks, thats why many do not want to use it. but another possibility is not given.
if one got a file on his computer he can open it. if one can open a file on his computer he can change it.
it doesnt matter what kind of file it is, every file of any kind can be altered by anyone with the needed skills.

dont try to stop them, let them be. if they want to screw that game let them, they are screwing the game they are playing themselfs.

there is a pretty easy solution to say between official and unofficial versions of a map. if you downloaded the official map from a website and you join a game and you still need to download you can be sure that the game you have joined is hacked. if you do not need to download its most probably save. easy as pie.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
But what if the game is a RPG? :O And just let them get the best of the best load codes? And Back to topic pls :D thanks

DioD

Reaction score
load code gives one player advantage over other for nothing, this is not fair, smart players wont play such maps anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.