Any help on taking apart xbox 360?

Reaction score
My cousin and I are pro at modding computer cases and using our powertools.

We want to mod our xbox 360 case and replace the fans to quieter fans. Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial on how to take apart your xbox without it blowing up or getting hardware failures. Or a picture of inside the xbox to help the pre-planning??
Thanks.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
If you don't know whats going on, don't do it.
Also, doing so will void your warranty, there are many other things you can do to make it better, that doesn't void the warranty, I wouldn't recommend it.

Reaction score
What kind of things? I just want my xbox quieter and i wanted to add acrylic plexiglass on the top cover. with some leds inside to light it up.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
What kind of things? I just want my xbox quieter and i wanted to add acrylic plexiglass on the top cover. with some leds inside to light it up.

As DDR said, this is probably not a good idea. It's probably in your best interest to not void your warranty with the acclaimed "high rate of failure" among 360's. I'm sure the fan noises are not worth your ~$300 as you do get 3 years of free repairs if anything does go wrong (you will lose this if you tamper with the 360 in any way).

I guess once those 3 years have passed, go for your life, but as for now, I would keep it intact if I were you.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I recommend you to go to a Xbox 360 retailer stores, ask them if they could help you with your problem, and do this before your warranty expires. In my country, I did this once, and they sort of "fixed" mine after paying the money. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 for being too expensive, I'd say it's just 4 or 5.

If it's over 3 years, let your hell break loose with that thing.

skullkidd

Reaction score
I recommend not doing it until you are sure on what you are doing... My friend tried modding his and he got the red ring of death. Sucked, it also broke warrenty (cause he was trying to mod it), so he had to buy a complete knew one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.