AoE ability help

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
what is an ability that uses an AoE template and allows for missile art to be attached? I want to make a rather basic grenade but my brain is fried for triggering units with colour code in their names, and I cant seem to find anything anymore :nuts:

MurderMode

Reaction score
haha, I've used that twice now for unit abilities... and it didn't even come to mind :banghead: thx flare, you have been a real help lately

bnw2000

Reaction score
lol

colour coded names has nth to do with the difficultly of this trigger

two ways : Grenade explodes on impact , wait 3-4 seconds

the way i do it is creating a unit that has a model of a grenade, or an improvised on if u use a wc3 model as the animation

Have a skill based off pocket factory , and make it summon a unit called grenade

then have the grenade have 100 hp , invurerable skill , set regen to -34.00 , then create a skill of the goblin landmine , AOE damage upon death , found in specials in the ability tab.
make sure u tick the game varbiles to allow negative values in ur map

then when to have animations, add a trigger
Unit dies
Unit is equal to grenade
Create special effect at postion of dying unit ( make sure all the effects decay , meaning they dont stay there forever or u have to do it differently)

For on the spot death , just make add the trigger to
Unit enters playable region
Unit is equal to Primed bomb
Kill unit

or just set regen to negative 101 with no additional triggers except for special effects

MurderMode

Reaction score
no no no, I didn't want to trigger this ability, I just couldn't find the right one to suit it until flare pointed it out.

What I meant by my brain being fried by colour coded names is that i have over 40 units with 3 letter names that have been colour coded (and also have the same unit icon), and I have been incorporating those units into specific triggers. Its been a real eye strain to make sure I have been selecting the right units for the right triggers and I had been doing it straight for 4 hours... now I'm just losing my ability to think straight.

And before you wonder 'why the hell does he have 40 units with 3 letter names?' it is because my hero system works much like an item recipe system.. the end result is rather cool :)

thx for trying to help anyways dude

MurderMode

Reaction score
lol meh, it doesn't matter anymore, that part is over and working perfectly... ill keep that in mind for the next time i attempt something similar

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.