[AoS] Plain Of Faith (PoF)

Fhxy

Reaction score
PlainOfFaith
by FengHuaXueYue

preview.jpg
Introduction
This is my first project launched after I learnt the World Editor. This map is not completed and has many things to improve.
This is an AoS Style Map with advanced features.
hungry.gif

Features
2 Team, Human Alliance , Fallen Orc
3 Lanes (Basically every AoS Map has 3 lanes)
22 Heroes to choose from (There will be more heroes in later version)
Suggested Playing is 4v4/5v5 (6v6 version will be made in later version)
Trigger Enhanced Spells(I am new to Jass, maybe some of you can help me with Jass)
Over 80 unique items(Most of them are balanced)
More than 5 types of Runes spawning along the river (More if possible)
Advanced multiboard (Thanks DotA Template for it)
Time System is implemented (I will talk more about it later)
Advanced Sound System(again, i will talk more about it)
Extra Creep Buying System(again, i will take more about it)
BattleNet compatible(It is only 1.5mb for now)
Lumber for tomes, basically you can purchase tomes using lumber.

Systems

Time System
How it works?
During different time of the day, different kinds of things will be enhanced.
For Now
Morning - Attack Speed is enhanced
Afternoon - HP regen is enhanced but movement speed reduced
Night - Mana Regen is enhanced
More features will be introduced in later version
Sound System
It is made by myself and it is GUI, i must give credit to DotA since i got the sound from it.
For Players
Killing Spree - 3 kills
Dominating - 4 kills
Holy Shit - 10 kills ( I made it base on the DotA sound system so they looks alike.)
Double Kill
Tripple Kill
Ultra kill (New) 4 kills continuously
For Teams
Ownage - 5 kills
Rampage - 10 kills (New)
Extra Creep Buying System
Beside the normal spawning creeps which is boring and unchangable
I introduced to you the Extra Creep Buying System.
It is allow more creeps and strategy involved.
You are allowed to purchase different unique units from shops and units purchased will be owned by HA or FO.
They will be automatically spawn into random 3 lanes
Some units are really powerful:D

Current Version
PlainOfFaith Beta v1.02

Heroes: 40% (22 Heroes are not enough :banghead:)
Items: 75%
Terrain : 80%
Gameplay : 50% ( More modes can be added)

Screenshots
WC3ScrnShot_110707_085359_07.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110707_085244_06.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110707_085216_05.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110707_085056_04.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110707_085032_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110707_085017_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110707_084941_01.jpg

Helps Needed
Beta Tester - unlimited space
AI Maker - really appreciate someone who could do that for me even it is a simple AI

Ends
I think i should not release the map so early because of the incompletion.
But i am going overseas for my holiday in 1 weeks time.
I will be there for 1 months.
Since i cannot continue my map making there , then i choose to release for a short beta testing.
Please kindly report any bugs found.

Download Link 1
Download Link 2

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
a few suggestions on the terrain, i know you will change it later, but what the heck....

make a gradual transition from icy to grass for your what looks like a road...

if there is a ton of grass with no snow, then why are are trees on the grass covered in snow?

and why is that ice rock thingy on fire???

anyawys, ill check out the map later after im done with my hw @.@

the time system sounds good, the sound system is in just about every AoS nowadays, and the creep buy system has bin made before by EoTa and AoTz and now by DoE <made by the same guy who made AoTz>

and someone please tell me... why is that chunck of ice on fire???

the tomes, i would not suggest unless you can only get 2 or 3 of them if you tried... or if they are used as a customizable hero attribute system...

Fhxy

Reaction score
a few suggestions on the terrain, i know you will change it later, but what the heck....
make a gradual transition from icy to grass for your what looks like a road...
if there is a ton of grass with no snow, then why are are trees on the grass covered in snow?
I will change it later

and why is that ice rock thingy on fire???

For some "evil" effect :eek:
Maybe i will change later. ;)

the tomes, i would not suggest unless you can only get 2 or 3 of them if you tried... or if they are used as a customizable hero attribute system...

You can get Lumber by killing creeps or heroes.
It is not that hard to purchase tomes.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
yea, i just played it in single player, and tomes where extreamly easy to get..... 19 kills for +5 of any attribute.... that like... gettting 5 levels in 19 kills, or roughly every 4 kills you get a lvl's worth of that attribute..... this would only make the game be a big game of farming, more farming then what dota has because here killing things with your godly set would still make you more godlyer...... i suggest removeing the tomes, and useing lumber for lvl 4 recipies or something

as for the hero selection, i picked the blade master because i saw his ulti wasent blade storm, so i wanted to see it... altho ive alredy forgotten what it was called because i stopped useing it cuz it caused major lagg and it did no damage whatsoever <yes you slash X ammount of times, but when i used it at end game, where i hit for 250+ and crit for 800+ i expected to see it kill atleast the targetted creep> nothing, the animation played, the effects whent though, <altho it looked like blue fuzz to me> no damage was delt, the unit was left unharmed and i just wasted a ton of time waiting for the animation to finish and mp...

Also you named some things wrong, in the blade master's ulti, you called the blade master "axe master".... might want to fix that... altho that would explane the 0 damamge because its not the blade master's skill haha.... also for one of your keys, it reqired a axe of strength... there was no axe of strengh... only and axe of anchents.... i bought that instead and it worked... you might wana fix that too

also there was a huge lag spike whenever i compined items... and about 50 minutes in <those towers burn...> it started to lagg, most likely you have memory leakes...

Tower placement...... overall i had no problems, i saw you wanted two towers, one will aid the other one.... that was pretty good untill you got into the base.... the two diagonal lines had no aides, but the middle lane had the last defense tower backing it up, makeing it a pain to kill it.... you might wana move that tower up one, or move the other towers closer one....

Hero Diversity... is crap, all you did was smash a few dota heros <not to mention items> and Melle Heros into two taverns, there where only a few custom skills, the rest are either melle or from dota, heck the skill sets, skill names, and hero names along with corrisponding models... all taken from dota..... wtf man.. make your own heros....

Time: It was a good idea, cept you somehow screwed it up... time passed by really fast, i would be running from the fountain and reach the main building, started at morning, then when i got there it was in the afternoon... really the only one i noticed was nght time because that was about 50% of the match....

Final... really this is as bad and maby even the worst ripp yet, even Gota has custom heros <their all imba XD>, you have a few skills, and one dosent work properly! <most likely the others too> the tomes just made it easyer.... you have no idea how much 5 points in agi or str means in an AoS, especaly when your useing low stat counts <in the tens, rarely reaches over 100> go take your vacation, get some ideas from RL (real life) come back, start up the editor, make a new map, start makeing custom heros and items, come back and remake the heros and items on this map along with its terrain... <aka basically everything exept for the core triggers <not ability triggers>>

Abuses... that last part wasent the final, i lied XP with the thing that gve me cleave i was able to fend off armys really easy, with that i could easaly get 6 wood per wave, before i knew it i had about 60 wood, i go back get some +5 agi tomes, which would mean +15 agi in total, have about 3 wood left, and get more wood, only this time faster because i have +30% atk speed <from the extra agi> and +15 more damg
Mirror Immage, as i leveled it, i noticed that the clones recived damage goes up, from 200% to 250%, which means when you level them up, they die faster... is this inentonal?
The creep buy system, disable it for the other team, if its gona be used as something that would fend off the other team, i suggest makeign them stronger too.. when i was wacking the throne, i bought heka creeps for the other team, killed them all for gold and wood... that process took about 2 seconds tops, and iwth that the other team has no retaliation whatsoever.....

btw, i used one cheat to see what the other team's heros where, the one i used was iseedeadpeople, which revealed the map... and i saw only one place with taverns.. is that right? so your basicaly forceing -ap in every game <thats normal>... not too good

overall.... 2/10 get your own hero ideas, and item ideas, changeing the item names arnt going to do much..... also the terrain didnt go well with each other, when im running down the road i was like, this is pretty bland, seeing so much grass here... then i looked to my left and right, and i see snow... wtf???

btw... pulling something like this is called plagiarism, if you do that in the real world <like if you make something, or write up something> you will be sued for that, your lucky this is an open source engine, and that you arnt selling this <its against the ToS to sell maps anyways>... just a heads up

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Runes don't really add anything to the game, seeing as they're completely random.

The time system doesn't add anything to the game either.

The sound system is a waste of space.

And tomes?!

No.

Just.

No.

Fhxy

Reaction score
Since there are so many problem.
I think i should not release the map so early because of the incompletion.
I was new to WE and this was my first project.
I will try harder next time to improve my map.
See you guys in 2 months time

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just try not to copy DotA so much. :p

You don't NEED the sounds.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
u can create new sounds

and people here are sick playing dota maps
especially alike ones

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.