RPG Arcadia

Ruku-Chan

Reaction score
Hi,

The map can be found here. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/arcadia-rpg-120147/#post1042743

i am making an RPG and this below is a basic description of the map and what is about.

Basic Story line: Updated
Arcadia is about the heros and villans from games like final fantasy 7, 8, and 9 and some new heros that arent even from thos games being transported to a mythical land where they are forced to work together to stop an evil from destroying Arcadia so that they can find there way back home again. While being transported to Arcadia the hero's and villens where seperated from there bodies and stripped of there powers and are now start out as peasents so you must decide what peasent belgons in what body (hero selection) then you will be transported to Inigma village (starting town) where you meet Cpt, John, he will tell you what going on around Inigma Village and Inigma woods, after that you set out on your quest to save Arcadia

Characters: Updated

Cloud - Sword Master - - Meant for tanking - ff7 - custom modle
Sephiroth - Sword Master - - Meant for tanking - ff7 - custom modle
Vivi - Mage - - Ranged - ff9 - could get a modle
Moogle - ranged and close up (close up not recomended - any ff - could find a modle
Shadow fangs - Tank - new
Thorn - Both Close and Ranged - new
Squall - Gun Blade Weilder - Tank - ff8 - couldnt find a modle
Azura - Assassin Mage - Ranged - new

Features:upgated
Custom Abilities:
Omnislash
Meteor
Altima - removed due to complication
Darkness Balls - removed due to complication
Dash Slice

Cinamatics updated
so far there are Three cinamatics in this map.

Thank you,
Ruku-Chank

Attachments

• Arcadia Mini Map.jpg
    Arcadia Mini Map.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 328
  • Arcadia screen shot.jpg
    Arcadia screen shot.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 375
  • Arcadia Screen shot 1.jpg
    Arcadia Screen shot 1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 333
  • Arcadia screen shot 2.jpg
    Arcadia screen shot 2.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Arcadia Screen shot 3.jpg
    Arcadia Screen shot 3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Arcadia Screen shot 4.jpg
    Arcadia Screen shot 4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 323

Randor244

Reaction score
DO NOT POST ANY COMPAINTS ABOUT MY MAP

Ehrm... Why are you posting it here then? I mean, the point of the Members' Section forum is that you should get feedback, and feedback means complains ;)

CaptDeath

Reaction score
@randor244 i think hes referring to bashing him for his maps quality and not constructive criticism

Randor244

Reaction score
Well, maybe, yes.

Though it sounded funny:
"Here's my map. I want feedback, but don't give feedback." :D

But yeah I get your point.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
A good RPG is hard, so don't release a -1.00 beta with one hero that has 2 abilities (Bash/Rain of fire) and 3 monsters to kill.

TAKE YOUR TIME =)

Septimus

Reaction score
@randor244 i think hes referring to bashing him for his maps quality and not constructive criticism

Telling him of why his maps quality was poor was part of a constructive criticism as well.

And where is the map link? How do he expect people to try it?

Randor244

Reaction score
Well I guess he wants feedback of the idea first, then he'll post the map when development has reached a later stage.

Just a guess though ;)

Vylatin

Reaction score
Sounds cool :D I loved playing Final Fantasy 10 so i really expect something good.

- Don't forget to add summons :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

Ruku-Chan

Reaction score
Sounds cool :D I loved playing Final Fantasy 10 so i really expect something good.

- Don't forget to add summons :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

crap thanks for saying that i had completely forgten about items and summon lol, il get to work on adding them right away :D

EDIT: items and summons added

Ruku-Chan

Reaction score
well i was hopeing someone would download my map and let me know what they think of it but i guess no one is

jaybles169

Reaction score
I didn't play for very long but I noticed a few of problems, but some good things as well.

Opening cut scenes had a lot of spelling and grammar errors. But overall the cinematics were pretty decent.

You need level requirements on abilities. I picked Cloud and my first ability I couldn't even use because I didn't have enough max mana. Also the tooltips for your custom abilities need a lot of work; all of the text just shows up in one long line.

Character selection: You should make the circle of characters a lot closer together, so that they all fit on-screen, and so you don't have to scroll all over the place just to see them.

Also, you need to be able to actually start the game through Frozen Throne. I started up FT and it wouldn't let me start the game because "There has to be more than one team" and "You must have an opponent."

Maybe I'll play again later to give you some more pointers. Hope this helps.

Ruku-Chan

Reaction score
yeah i know about the grammer it will be fixed in the next version.

and the tool tips im working on

as for level requirments im trying to fix that haveing a probelm with that that ability.

i have no idea how to make it so there dosent have to be more then one team

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Litle note: It's "grammar" not "grammer"

A lot of RPG projects are coming these days, so, Gluck with yours :thup:

jaybles169

Reaction score
Level requirements are pretty easy, all you have to do is open up the ability in the object manager, and then there's a option for it. There's also a level skip option, so you can make it that the hero can only upgrade it every x amount of levels.

As far as the "teams" problem goes, I'd say check your Scenario>Player Properties tab. Make sure all the Human players are allied and set up right as well as the computer players as well. Set up "Forces" as well, and put the computers on one force and the allied Hero's on the other. Make sure the Custom Forces and Fixed Player Settings are ticked as well.

That should do the trick. :thup:

Ruku-Chan

Reaction score
fixs

level requirements added to skills
town city wall glitch fixed - i hope
cinamatic grammer tweaked may not be good grammer thou
hero
s moved closer to center of herso selection area

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.