[Arena] Eternal Conflict

D

DsD)Core(

Hey, a while ago I started a project to make a round-based arena map.

It's about the neverending conflict that resides between the forces of Law and the forces of Chaos.

There's not much of a storyline, on the other hand the main purpose of the map is about balance, cool spells, and fun fast-paced and intensive battles between 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 players. Currently 11 rounds, subject to increase, after each which every player recieved some gold and a hero level-up.

Each faction has their own heroes, but there is a mode for all heroes to be picked, though each hero can only be picked once. Both factions have their own towns with items shops, ranging from cheap basic items to stronger and stronger recipes that are made by combining cheaper items.

The trigger framework of the map is actually quite neat, eventho I say it myself. There's a flawless instant resurrection system, round looping, -repick command, -ready command to skip the timer for every round to start, a damage meter, a -dmg command for more details, -random, and anything the players may desire can easily be added.

As simple as that all may sound, it's simply working damn well :)

As for the heroes and items, about 8 heroes are done right now. Each hero has 3 spells with 4 levels each, an ultimate with 3 levels, and a stat point ability. This stat point ability however, slightly increases with each level, up to level 10. Hero level is increased with 2 each round, to keep the variety and intensity higher than in arena's where you only get one level per round.

Each hero has at least one eye-candy spell, be it a badass special effect ultimate (that is still balanced) or a simply cool normal spammable ability.

Healers are going to be added, but in such way that healing is not going to result in rounds lasting ages, or every team requiring a healer by default. Dps-only teams are well possible. As are teams with healers.

We currently have 2 and a half full shop with items, and I'm aiming for having about 4 and a half (2 basic item shops, one with level 2 recipes, one with level 3 recipes, and a few lvl 4 recipes).

So, wall of text crits for a gazillion, sorry, I need to start somewhere, right? Formatting will come later today perhaps.

I will not upload my map yet, as it is simply too early to be really beta-played, but I will post screenshots of ultimates and arena's in action. You can however contact DsD)Core( on Europe and if you're lucky and I'm not AFK, we can play a game ;p

So, map progress?

Triggering: --------|- 90%
(actually done, but always adding features)
Items: --|------- 30%
(basic items pretty much done, but simply lots of adding and balancing to do)
Heroes: ----|----- 50%
(quite some heroes are already done, but quite a few still need to be added for a balanced pub-friendly release)
Terrain: ---|------ 40%
(we have the town, one arena, but it's all pretty basic. I'm not a great terrainer, and I think it could be alot nicer than it is. It's functional right now, though)

Understandable if I did not create alot of interest yet because of lack of screenies and such, but nonetheless here is what I could use:

-Someone creative who can make items
-Someone creative who can think of heroes and spells
-A skilled terrainer who could make a balanced arena or two

I'm quite a good triggerer, so I can pretty much produce any ideas that you come up with about hero spells. A second triggerer who could look into my systems and see if I missed something, or could improve something, would be an option. There aren't any bugs atm, though.

Thanks for reading! Screenies and goodies coming later tonight!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.