Armor Effects in Damage Target Actions (was: OMg o.o)

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
quick vid of my problem:
Armor deductions and triggers problem

would:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((Real(AttackPowar)) x 0.75) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

Be accounted for in a unit armor? or would the trigger's conversion of command to integer (the dmg) have to be deducted made manually?

It's hard to explain, so i made the video =/

meOme

Reaction score
You have a problem with a guy playing saxophone? :confused:

I think if you use "attack type Chaos and damage type Normal", the damage will be reduced by the target's armor.

rafaxik

Reaction score
You have a problem with a guy playing saxophone? :confused:

I think if you use "attack type Chaos and damage type Normal", the damage will be reduced by the target's armor.
It WILL be reduced by target's armor just like meOme said. If you want to do that damage:
Trigger:
  • Unit - set life of Attacked unit to (arithmetic here) Life of Attacked unit - 'your wanted life to be deduced here'

Guess it's the most basic way, But you can improve it...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
whether the amount of armor a unit has will reduce the damage dealt by the trigger action "unit - damage target" depends on the damage type you choose.

note, damage type and attack type are completely different things.

the damage type normal means it is like a regular unit attack and the armor of the unit will reduce the damage. other damage types such as "unknown" for example will completely ignore the amount of armor the target has.

rafaxik

Reaction score
whether the amount of armor a unit has will reduce the damage dealt by the trigger action "unit - damage target" depends on the damage type you choose.

note, damage type and attack type are completely different things.

the damage type normal means it is like a regular unit attack and the armor of the unit will reduce the damage. other damage types such as "unknown" for example will completely ignore the amount of armor the target has.

No, The damage amount dealt depends of the armor and the damage type chosen.

If you choose Chaos attack type and Divine (for example) damage type, you won't deal total damage you want. It stills will be deduced by its armor, although it'd be less reduced than choose Siege attack type and Normal damage type.
EDIT: As far as I know, even Unknown will be reduced by target's armor. I'm not sure as well

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well just check it out, what i was saying is right. if you choose damage type unknown it will ignore the armor value. of course the armor class will still apply its defensive effect.

rafaxik

Reaction score
well just check it out, what i was saying is right. if you choose damage type unknown it will ignore the armor value. of course the armor class will still apply its defensive effect.
Alright, as I wrote: "I'm not sure as well", I'd just learned this: Regardless of attack type and damage type, armor value will always reduce. Actually, I'd never thought if type of armor would reduce instead of armor value when you choose chaos for example. What I read for Chaos was: "Deal extra damage to all armor types".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.