armor help, +rep for answers

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
hey i would like to make an armor algorithm like the old wc3 one (1% damage reduction per armor x 0.84^Armor) or something to that effect, and i would like the percent to display in the tooltip, how would i go about doing that? should i use a dialog image with a tooltip? is there a way to do it in the data editor? thanks in advance for any help you can give.

dudeim

Reaction score
Wrong forum and not possible only possible to change it in gameplay constants, and that's just a factor or whatever.

Dirac

Reaction score
The damage reduction equation goes like this (armor*0.06)/(1+armor*0.06) you can change the 0.06 value at gameplay constants

40 armor means 70% damage reduction

GFreak45

Reaction score
sorry wrong forum... ill ask bloodcount to switch it over, it was meant for sc2, thanks guys but i havent had any issues with armor with wc3 i understand algorithsms really well, i was wondering how to change the algorithm for sc2

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
sorry wrong forum... ill ask bloodcount to switch it over, it was meant for sc2, thanks guys but i havent had any issues with armor with wc3 i understand algorithsms really well, i was wondering how to change the algorithm for sc2

You can use the Report Post function to bring something to the attention of moderators (even if it's just something like "delete my double post", "move this thread, please", "close my thread"). Otherwise, you have to wait for a moderator to notice what you said. :p

I moved it for you, so no need to ask a specific moderator. :)

GFreak45

Reaction score
You can use the Report Post function to bring something to the attention of moderators (even if it's just something like "delete my double post", "move this thread, please", "close my thread"). Otherwise, you have to wait for a moderator to notice what you said. :p

I moved it for you, so no need to ask a specific moderator. :)

Ty but too late lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.