Crime Army vet. killed landlady because he didn't kill anyone while serving in Afghanistan

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold war is over long ago. Do you really think that if you would not have any military forces by tomorrow any country would suddenly declare war on you?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Switzerland

Also the reason WHY people won't attack the US is because they have an army in the first place. Think of it this way, If US didn't have an army during the cold war we would all be speaking russian by now.

Well Russian's pretty damn baller... I wouldn't have a problem with that.

And yes, if we didn't have a military, I would be willing to bet that like every country would declare war on us. Why not? Fuck dude, if the US didn't have a military, I would declare war on it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah? what do you think would happen then? Do you think argentinia would attack you even if all of europe is an ally of the USA?
I dont think so.

I think all a country needs is a bunch of missle silos filled to the top with nukes and maybe a small elite special forces squad which is primarily used in the case of a crisis, like after a tsunami, tornado, earthquake, flood or maybe for extreme criminal cases.
No country would attack a country with a bunch of nukes.
Even if both countries are equipped equally or the aggressor even has more warheads, it doesnt matter, if war would be declared nothing would be left of either of those countries.
No sane man would do this, and any insane man will not have enough followers to be able to lay hand on a number of nuclear warheads large enough to do it.
Because todays multi-national organizations like UNO and NATO and whatever there is are made exactly to prevent this.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
And yes, if we didn't have a military, I would be willing to bet that like every country would declare war on us. Why not? Fuck dude, if the US didn't have a military, I would declare war on it.
I think the US military budget is based on a similar line of reasoning. Why would the US military budget be almost as large as the rest of the worlds military budgets combined otherwise?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Having a defense creates war? Really?

how about just reducing the U.S. army to the point where it is only within the united states, and only provides defense, until we are actually at war (meaning U.S. soil is invaded by foreign troops), instead of finding and creating wars for our soldiers to fight in?

Varine

Reaction score
how about just reducing the U.S. army to the point where it is only within the united states, and only provides defense, until we are actually at war (meaning U.S. soil is invaded by foreign troops), instead of finding and creating wars for our soldiers to fight in?

Because then we'd be scrambling to build up an offensively-capable military.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Because then we'd be scrambling to build up an offensively-capable military.

no countries would even be close to having an army capable of taking on the U.S. even at that size.. the U.S. spends more then the entire rest of the world on its military.. does it really need to? if it were to downsize it's army to 10% of what it currently is, what country could be a military threat? at that point, even the entire middle east would still be only one fifth of what the U.S. army would be, assuming that they can somehow organize and resolve all their differences - not to mention that the U.S. army is also more highly trained and more technologically advanced than the militants in the middle east, has way more resources in terms of airplanes/navy, and just about every other advantage that you can think of

Varine

Reaction score
no countries would even be close to having an army capable of taking on the U.S. even at that size.. the U.S. spends more then the entire rest of the world on its military.. does it really need to? if it were to downsize it's army to 10% of what it currently is, what country could be a military threat? at that point, even the entire middle east would still be only one fifth of what the U.S. army would be, assuming that they can somehow organize and resolve all their differences - not to mention that the U.S. army is also more highly trained and more technologically advanced than the militants in the middle east, has way more resources in terms of airplanes/navy, and just about every other advantage that you can think of

And even with all that shit, the Afghans and Iraqis managed to hold us off for ten years. Those resources don't mean shit if you have people that know how to fight a war.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
And even with all that shit, the Afghans and Iraqis managed to hold us off for ten years. Those resources don't mean shit if you have people that know how to fight a war.

It never occurred to you that it was on purpose? If they wanted to they could end it sooner.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I believe the US was holding back to prevent innocent lives from being lost.
I think someone on this site posted a report of some sort.. some time ago..

Varine

Reaction score
I believe the US was holding back to prevent innocent lives from being lost.
I think someone on this site posted a report of some sort.. some time ago..

Some 26,000 insurgents killed. Some 100,000 civilians killed. Yeah that was effective wasn't it?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score

hold us off? I am talking about what kind of army you would need for defensive purposes on U.S. soil - why is the army even in Iraq and Afghanistan? it's not to defend the U.S.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.