Arrow flying too high?

woot

Reaction score
I created a projectile system in my map using units that i set to flying and set their model to arrows

The problem is the arrows are flying too high, even with their height set to 0..

Why is this happening?

I guess I could try setting the arrows movement to Foot instead of Fly =\

If anyone has any ideas please let me know :)

Edit: Setting the movement type to hover seems to work.. but i think the arrow is getting created in the wrong spot even though I set it to create itself at the location of the caster... hmmm

aredee

Reaction score
try modifying the "art - projectile launch" field, all of them, x,y, and z, until it fit your unit's model

edit: oh sorry, i didn't get it at the first time, the "wrong spot" you mean, is the arrow still created beside the caster but not in front of the caster?? if it still created very near to the caster, try to make a trigger with action like this: "unit - create 1 arrow for (up to you) at position of (casting unit) offset by 70 (or up to you until it fit) toward facing of (casting unit) degree

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Use movement type None to make arrows be able to travel at ground height.
Set collision size to 0 to make them able to be at the same spot as the caster and any other units.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Yes, collision size 0 is required as the above poster say.
I usually use "unit classification - 'walkable' " too :)

Might be easier to get the exact same spot with making the unit flying though. Less restrictions than hover/ground/the others.
Might also be worth looking into making a custom model that can be 'flying' without flying too high.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.