Ashenvale Terrain

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Made just out of boredom and i want to improve my terraining skills. :)
ashenvaledf6.jpg
Comments and critique much appreciated!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Is that normal cam view? Anyway, it's amazing! :thup:

lol, the custom models/skins do a lot to it. ;) I like how you do what I always stress to some people terraining - the tiles match the doodads. Sometimes, people randomly put vines in dirt areas or whole patchs of leaves with no trees nearby, for example. :p

One thing I suggest is varying your trees. Ashenvale and Felwood works nicely - using Felwood for the shady areas, and Ashenvale balanced all around. You could also put maybe more shrubs and... bushy stuff, since they tend to grow everywhere in real life sometimes... ehem.

Anyway, this is just for me, but the vines in the center of the hill there with those rocks and towers, I think there's too much of it. Like vines usually grow on... vertical stuff like trees and cliff-sides, and as for the ones that grow on horizontal stuff, it's usually leading to the vertical ones. Put a little bit of normal grass to mix it up there.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

lol, normally, I'd just say that this was amazing (it is), but since you wanted some comments, I gave that. :D Good luck with your terraining skills! :thup:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
That is some really good terrain you got there.
As thewrongvine said, it looks amazing!

The only complain I have if it even can be called a complain.
It is a shame that you did not put up some in-game photos to, one night and one day maybe. I think is would look even better if you add a slight mist effect to it aswell, just a thought tho:)

You are truly a great terrainer:thup: Better than me atleast:eek:
Good Luck with future work:thup:

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Nice, but you should use more different trees. By the way, does thoose bridges exist in the UTM?

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Nice! :thup:

OFFTOPIC: How did you get those stairs and implemented them?

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I will add different trees and bushes and work with light effects :)
> By the way, does thoose bridges exist in the UTM?
Uhm i don't know what UTM is :p

> How did you get those stairs and implemented them?
I used a map called The Ultimate Terraining Map; it has alot of imported stuff and it's all sorted, ready to go. You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5f3cxn2m9yv

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Uhm i don't know what UTM is
I used a map called The Ultimate Terraining Map; it has alot of imported stuff and it's all sorted, ready to go. You can

I can't seem to find it, it's located in envirioment? And what's the first letter of the bridge.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I will add different trees and bushes and work with light effects :)
> By the way, does thoose bridges exist in the UTM?
Uhm i don't know what UTM is :p

> How did you get those stairs and implemented them?
I used a map called The Ultimate Terraining Map; it has alot of imported stuff and it's all sorted, ready to go. You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5f3cxn2m9yv

I'm not sure what utm is also but i think you answered what it is yourself.

The Ultimate Terraining Map = UTM .. :)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, ashenvale rock tiles or any other rock tile DO NOT MAKE GOOD PATHS. The rest is very nice, however.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.