Attachment Behavior?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
On Thehelper.net, when you have multiple attachments, it shows just links to each one.

On other VB forums, like WC3C, it shows thumbnails for multiple images. When you have one image and one map file (or other format of file) it shows the image, then a link for the other attachment.

Is there any way we could make our forum behave like this also?

Relevance: hosted map thread, screen shots, WIP submissions, etc.

On a side note...how do I pull the attachments in MySQL?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
On a side note...how do I pull the attachments in MySQL?

You would just need to run a query on it and it would pull it out.
But that depends on what you are trying to query it with as to how to get it out.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have to enable thumbnails in order to do that and I have not done that yet. I need to experiment with it a little first. I just have not had any time as I had my kids all weekend - traffic court this morning, and a client coming over tonite. I have not had time to do anything but I will look into it when I get a chance.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Couldn't you just use a thread for that and have people rate the posts? It doesn't seem like many people use that thread anyways, and making a new forum would be kinda pointless when you only have like 5 threads every month, most of which are for 5 minute maps.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Yeah, then why is there a need for a new forum just for maps? A forum where you can discuss those maps and give feedback, that would be good, but not jsut a forum where the threads become automatically locked and all you can do is rate them.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
It's somewhere in the Special Member's forum, I can't find it though> He said something about a new forum for maps, and I disagreed,b ut I can't find the damn thread. (It's one of the 2 page thread I think)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.