Tutorial Attribute Based Spells

B

butters132

I made a trigger that does aoe damage based on int but it doesn't seem to be working heres my code:
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
    (Ability being cast) Equal to Freezing Field 
Actions
    Set Intelligence = (Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))
    Set Convert_int = (Real(Intelligence))
    Set UnitGroup_FreezingField = (Units within 500.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))))
    Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Currently Casting:  + (Name of (Ability being cast)))
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup_FreezingField and do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Convert_Int x 5.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
Can some1 help me out here? The message shows up but it doesn't do any damage, thanks :D

666n00b

hmm im following this for the storm bolt thing and i cant get it to do anything.
i created 2 copies of storm bolt one for single damage and one for AoE (im playing around with stuff here)
i gave them to 2 different heroes with around 80 strength so they should be doing near 400 damage but i cant get it to work. it stuns them though.

any ideas on what im doing wrong? here is my trigger for single storm bolt (for now im ignoring splash storm bolt)

Storm bolt Single
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
Actions
Set Strength = (Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))
Set Convert = (Real(Strength))
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Convert x 5.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

also i tried this trigger:

Storm bolt Single Copy
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
Actions
Set Convert = (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Convert x 5.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

666n00b

still doesnt work :(
i will play around with it and edit this post if i find something
i can upload the map or replay (theres also other stuff i want to do)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.