Tutorial Attribute Based Spells

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Great tutorial, ill probably use the heal AoE skill in my RPG as i feel as its needed ;)

K

KatanaSoul

thanks for this tutorial, it helped clear up a few things. I'm still having some difficulties however on the step of converting the integer to a real value. I just can't seem to locate the selection in the drop down list that has Real in it. I set the integer value to one of my hero's attributes, then set variable again and select convert from my list, which is a real value, but I have no idea how to get it to change the value from integer to real. Where is the selection to perform such a thing? I'm still very new to map making and mostly triggers and this is the thing that is frustrating me most. Thanks.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
After coming back to this thread, this tutorial has encouraged me to use this kind instead of setting skills to level whatever with triggers, I'm using this for my spells in my Plains of War ORPG when Pheonixashes sends the map tommorow :).

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
thanks for this tutorial, it helped clear up a few things. I'm still having some difficulties however on the step of converting the integer to a real value. I just can't seem to locate the selection in the drop down list that has Real in it. I set the integer value to one of my hero's attributes, then set variable again and select convert from my list, which is a real value, but I have no idea how to get it to change the value from integer to real. Where is the selection to perform such a thing? I'm still very new to map making and mostly triggers and this is the thing that is frustrating me most. Thanks.

Set Real = Real[Convert Integer] <- Somewhere along those lines. I don't have WE open.

F

Frostiskewl

You can also make a healing nova from Fan o' knives :)

Trigger2.jpg

-BASIC And you can add the desired special effect on the units that are within the unit group. The special effect that comes from the caster - and that comes first, you must define within the Fan o' Knives.
-Slightly ADVANCED You can also make that healing nova to damage enemy units, Along with healing yours.

How to?​

Create a new ability - Fan o' knives. Put all damages to 0, select the wanted icon. Select the desired caster effect. The rest is up to the trigger. And DUH you can change where I have strength to int/agi. This is a spell from my Paladin in one of the best maps (by me) imo.

-Laura<3

P.S. - I'm detailing it, cause I remember the way I was, in my newbie days, when I didn't get a single thing out of triggers. So if one like the before me is here. He'll understand.
Bye.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
NOTE: Posting this in the help forums to get more views, please don't flame me about it...

Hmm, could you possibly make the number of bounces on chain lightning based off of attributes?

Is it possible to have damage over time spells based on attributes?

I need urgent help! I used this tutorial to make some triggers for my spell and they either one-shot the guy, destroy invulnerable units, or do no damage at all!

untitled3.bmp

That's the trigger that one-shots things no matter how much hp the other guy has and how little agility I have. I couldn't find the one that says "unit - cause to do damage blah blah blah"
---------------------------

untitled1.bmp

This trigger kills invulnerable units but somehow seems to do the right amount of damage.

Kershbob

Reaction score
You don't need two triggers to do the curse thing. Just have a dummy caster and use "Set level of ability to (Intelligence / 10)"

Reaction score
I'd like to point our few things:

-Spelling errors, like Intligence make it look un-professional
-"Anchor" and "Go To" aren't working anymore, you might want to remove them.
-You tell people to use Chain Lightning to base their custom abilities.. but how do you find the Chain Lightning's targets?

Anyway, good job!

Oninuva

Reaction score
I'd like to point our few things:

-Spelling errors, like Intligence make it look un-professional
-"Anchor" and "Go To" aren't working anymore, you might want to remove them.
-You tell people to use Chain Lightning to base their custom abilities.. but how do you find the Chain Lightning's targets?

Anyway, good job!

Who are you stating this to?

Elite Footmen

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions...

Wouldn't Storm Bolt with Duration 0.00 make it permanent stun? Are there any other targeting spells(other than channel and stunnings)?

Would the special effect for "AOE Healing" leak? You picked every unit and you only remove the effect on the last unit that was picked, am I right to say that?

^^

S

Shinyblade

Never mind about what I said earlier. I was tired and wasn't thinking much about what you said.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> -"Anchor" and "Go To" aren't working anymore, you might want to remove them.

More than 1 month ago and still not fixed?

You better get into it soon!

power

Reaction score
Is there a way you could do this with passive moves, Critical strike. I want it to do x0.2 Damage of the heroes agility. If this was possible that would be great!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> -"Anchor" and "Go To" aren't working anymore, you might want to remove them.

More than 1 month ago and still not fixed?

You better get into it soon!

If you ever update your tutorial, bump this thread.

Syndrome

Reaction score
You sohuld also add in how you can use arrays to make it MUI ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.