auto cast purge

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
I intend to create a ward that dispells magic, single target, multiple times, 3 sec cooldown.

1) is there a way to do this by an auto cast ability?

2) i guess for a trigger to work properly i first must detect if there is a buff in range of my ward it then may be ordered to purge ... don't think that's possible

ZulzZ

Reaction score
if you can make the unit cast the purge at every unit that gets a buff then just let it keep on doing that and remember to set the time period to get your cooldown, let me see what i can put together :)

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Remaining time for yourwardcooldowntimer) Equal to 0.00
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Random player from (All allies of theplayerthatownstheward))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Serpent Ward (Level 1) 0001 <gen> to Orc Shaman - Purge (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Countdown Timer - Start yourwardcooldowntimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 3.00 seconds

here ya go, i haven't tested it yet because i wanted to give it to you as quick as possible, i will test it now :)

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
it's a good idea to detect buff casts, but again, that highly specific and i would need to classify all spells that could produce a buff, since i don't want to trigger on let's say a storm bold because i want to use a proper special effect when it comes to a purge.

on the other hand, i want the ward to purge already existing buffs, i.e. when an enemy unit that benefits from a buff enters the ward's range.

finally, i don't want my ward to abolish all magic in one shot but bit by bit.

i already connected a trigger to that spell. it works like this: every 3 sec it burns 10/20/30 of enemy units' mana in its range (dealing that amount of damage). now i want it to additionally purge single buffs, preferringly one every 3 secs.

ZulzZ

Reaction score
oh :), i see, well that must then wait for tomorrow if i got the time :)

otherwise im sure there are someone else who can provide the needed trigger cause im tired now :).. GN ppl

mordocai

Reaction score
Make a new seperate trigger name "Purge Debuff", and run it every 3seconds here it is off the top of my head.Please not that i just copy and pasted some stuff from my other trigger. Some stuff may not be neccesary but here is the rough representation of the trigger. Also dont forget to null the variables at the end.
Variables -
Purge_Unit - Unit, Array 5
Purge_Point - Point, Array 5
Purge_Group - Unit Group
Please not that this is a rough trigger and might not work unless you tweak it a little bit
Trigger:
  • Ward Casting Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ward spell (Hero)
    • Actions
      • Set Purge_Units[1] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Purge_Points[1] = (Position of Purge_Units[1])
      • Set Purge_Points[2] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 (your dummy) for (Owner of Purge_Units[1]) at Purge_Points[1] facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Purge_Units[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Purge Debuff <gen>

Trigger:
  • Purge Debuff
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Purge_Group = (Units within 200.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Seele_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Purge_Units[3] = (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 (your dummy) for (Owner of Purge_Units[1]) at Purge_Points[2] facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Purge_Units[4] = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Purge (Dummy) to Purge_Units[4]
          • Unit - Set level of Purge (Dummy) for (Casting unit) to (Level of Purge (Hero) for (first unit))
          • Unit - Order (your ward variable) to Orc Shaman - Purge (variable for enemy)
          • Unit - Add a 1.20 second Generic expiration timer to No unit
          • Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
@mordocai

as far as i understand your trigger you just take all units in close proximity of the ward an apply a purge on each and every one of them ignoring whether such a unit has a debuff or not.

@simonake

didnt work with me

mordocai

Reaction score
yeh just plain purging them........ thats basicly what you said. To my knowledge its impossible to take away only one buff from a unit at a time w/o specialized vjass experts. And my trigger runs every 3seconds. Which basicly means that they get debuffed every 3seconds while near it

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
ya, then i will take abolish magic targeting only enemies and let the ward cast it every 3 sec and remove the fx or i will take spell steal ... that hopefully works with autocast

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
anyone has an idea why abolish magic does not work? when the ward is created (which is not of type ward of course) its autocast ability is activated but it doesnt target any units in its range ... it simply does nothing. but i can manually use its spell to abolish magic ...

mordocai

Reaction score
you can always resort to triggers. Like unit casts spell, make a ward at point of spell cast, and store the ward as a variable. Then once you did that just give ability and order it to use that ability every 3 seconds to everyone withing x range of him. Im guessing that would work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.