AutoLoad Save/Load triggers?

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
I am adding a rather basic save/load system to my map, and was wondering if it is possible to automatically load a players existing stats every time they join the game?

I am doing this because the system is for an Arena type map, where a player gets "Player Experience" for kills/wins/quests, and loses experience for deaths and game losses. More experience grants more player levels, and allows players to unlock special things, such as custom hero skins, attachment skins, unique colors and names, and a variety of special things, that dont actually affect gameplay, but are a way of showing off your level.

As you can imagine, a lot of players would only save their good scores, and not their bad scores; creating a lot of high leveled players, who actually suck.

So, again, my question is...

"Is it possible to automatically load a players last save code for them on game start?"

Because I believe the answer is "no" Is it also possible to *void* a players save/load code if specific conditions have been met? Say a player gains 500 experience in a game, and that is 5X what anyone should ever get; to make sure someone doesnt just make a game with their friend and kill them 1000 times for the experience.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You would need a different type of system for this. You'd need to make one that saves the game, but only onto the player's name, so it basically saves all the info on the account. Then when the game starts, it finds the players name, and unwraps the code.

Lehona

Reaction score
Well, you can for example require at least 5 ppl or sth. like this to prevent abuses (though you can't prevent 100%, then).

But since you can't modify the map's code in any way, there won't be sth. like this...

Edit: î I mean you can't modify while playing^^

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
You would need a different type of system for this. You'd need to make one that saves the game, but only onto the player's name, so it basically saves all the info on the account. Then when the game starts, it finds the players name, and unwraps the code.

Argh, that sounds very difficult to do >< and possibly annoying to use. Thanks though ^_^

I guess I will just throw in an incredibly long list of conditions that can disable the experience gain for players doing specific events. Like if a player kills another player 20 times, they no longer gain experience from killing that player (that game) or if everyone on the other team has left; various quests dont grant any player experience.

^^If I cant get a good enough list, I will be back to try out some other methods.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.